Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
DUI / DWI Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Connecticut on
Q: Hey I got a dui 4 years ago thought it was taken care of got pulled over found out I had to have the iid installed.

I installed it do I have to have a 30 day In jail or can I pay a fine?

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Traffic Tickets for Nevada on
Q: Nevada Drivers License Revocation

In Dec 2019 Nevada revoked my drivers license, in Feb 2020 I moved to another country, became a resident, got a drivers license and moved on with life. I now have to return to the US for the first time in a few years for 60 days. Can I just drive with my new non USA drivers license ?

I am... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Ohio on
Q: What does MARI LS BUL mean on my court charge
0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Kansas on
Q: What does changed status from p to c mean?

Dui deversion case

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia on
Q: My husband was charged with this, but was notdriving a bus. He was driving a pickup truck. Will the dui likely stand, ec

The code on his citation is 40-6-391.3 DUI - Driving school bus under influence

Morris  Margulis
Morris Margulis
answered on Jun 19, 2022

That code section specifies an increased penalty for DUI while driving a school bus.

Your husband may still nevertheless be culpable for DUI with the more typical penalties.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Utah on
Q: In Utah, if a prohibited person on probation lives with you, does the host forfeit their 2nd and 4th amendment rights?

Are safe rooms or a locked Master bedroom where the prohibited person does not have access, legal to store prohibited items?

Mike Branum
Mike Branum
answered on Jun 17, 2022

No, the host does not forfeit their rights, but exercising those rights would likely send the prohibited person to prison. The prohibited person has lost the right to live with someone whose rights have not been limited without inconveniencing that person with having to live AS IF they had also... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Texas on
Q: What are the grounds for belated appeal ?
0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia on
Q: *Is Georgia Mandated to go by MAT law? *Can I be "Legally" charged with a DUI taking methadone for 6 mths @ lowest dose?

I'm on MAT/Medication Assisted Treatment taking methadone. 6 mths @ lowest dose. Got DUI. Said Ga don't acknowledge MAT

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for New Mexico on
Q: I was accused of a dwi. Was never in a vehicle. Cops arrested me because a guy said I was trying to steal his truck.

Was in jail for 2 months, taught case for 6 months and got it dismissed.

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Colorado on
Q: In September 2018, I was arrested for a DUI, my license was suspended and I retained an attorney who in the court got

Reduced to a reckless driving charge. I have gone though level 1 DUI classes. And in December 2018 I had heart failure and aortic heart valve surgery. After that I had to quit drinking because it would eventually kill me. I have not been behind the wheel of a car since 2018. Question: is there a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Tennessee on
Q: Can Implied Consent be expunged from my record in Tennessee? The DUI was dismissed. I have no fees or other charges.

It's been over 5 years since. I have no other court fees to pay and no other charges. The DA in Wilson County, Tn told me the Implied Consent charge couldn't be dismissed. After she done rigorous research on the topic, which took 3 days, she couldn't find the answer of why it... Read more »

Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
answered on Jun 23, 2022

It can not be but the DA can put an order in that it can not be considered a misdemeanor and used against you.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Texas on
Q: Can I be convicted of a third degree felony on a second DWI conviction?

I am being charged with a third degree felony DWI.

With my first two charges I was only convicted of one. Can they convict me of a felony even though I only have one CONVICTION on my record?

Jose A. Ceja
Jose A. Ceja
answered on Jun 16, 2022

If no special aggravating circumstances are being alleged (for example, that someone was seriously injured in an accident resulting from your alleged DWI), and you are charged with regular DWI, then the State needs to prove that you have two prior CONVICTIONS. You can be charged with third-degree... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Agricultural Law and Civil Rights for California on
Q: I have a concern and feel that I have received a notice of terminate tenancy
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
answered on Jun 16, 2022

more info is needed.

what is your question and does it relate to DUI?

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee on
Q: If some one is charges with dui 3 and vehicle assault how long they stay in jail

Will have served over 60 days by court day

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Jun 16, 2022

Mandatory Minimum of 120 days, and up.

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Tennessee on
Q: It's been 5 years since I was charged with a DUI, and implied consent in Tennessee. Can implied consent be expunged?

I have paid all court costs and fees. My record is clear of any other charges. The DA in Wilson County Tn says the implied consent will remain on my record and can not be expunged. Is this true or is there a way to get it off my record?

3 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Texas on
Q: Can my 3rd degree felony DWI charge be reduce Class A misdemeanor?

I am being charged with a 3rd degree felony. It is the third time I have been stopped for a DWI. With the first two I was only convicted for one. Is there a chance that the felony can be reduced back to a Misdemeanor during trial?

Jose A. Ceja
Jose A. Ceja
answered on Jun 14, 2022

A DWI third can be reduced to a Class "A" misdemeanor. This isn't uncommon at all. It will help if you don't have significant criminal history and lawyer has a good plan for attacking the evidence. Often, you won't get an offer like this unless your lawyer is willing to set... Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI and Employment Law for Missouri on

I was arrested for a 1st time DUI misdemeanor 2 years ago and took a plea deal to have the case expunged in exchange for a 2 year unsupervised probation which ends next month, however the case is no longer viewable via casenet will it still come up on a background check?

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Georgia on
Q: I was arrested and my mugshot was published, my lawyer reduced my charge and would like to remove my mugshot.

when I sent the publishing website my disposition, which my lawyer said was sufficient to remove my mugshot the publishing website told me a reduced charge does not mean I am eligible for removal. My lawyer says I would need a civil lawyer in order to remove and he cannot help. is this true? a... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Illinois on
Q: For a DUI misdemeanor in IL, should I answer yes to a criminal history disclosure that I've been convicted of a felony?
Brandon K. Davis
Brandon K. Davis
answered on Jun 13, 2022

A misdemeanor is not a felony so the answer would be "no".

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.