Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Delaware Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Business Law for Delaware on
Q: majority shareholder Dir dissolves the company and transfers the sole valueable ip to themself wo consideration

What is the procedure for notices for lack of care in fiduciary duties for a dissolved company?

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights for Delaware on
Q: If a caretaker of a mentally I’ll person is found dead in his apt and the caretaker took a video of the deceased body be

Before the police arrived and shared that video with others… is that a crime in Delaware

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Delaware on
Q: Can I sue a doctor who has been prescribing me Hydroxychloroquine for my lupus for over a year without ever a checkup

This is at a VA hospital. I don't know who this Dr is and I now have retinal toxicity

0 Answers | Asked in DUI / DWI for Delaware on
Q: My fiance has a dui charge and was court ordered to go to a 14 month rehab and didn't complete it.

What could they get him for? Is there anyway to fight it. He done 13 months of it.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Delaware on
Q: I've given my landlord 15 days to fix issues in my apt, can I give them a 15 day tenant lease termination letter?

We live in state housing. I contacted the Housing Authority for my state about my issues in my apartment after spending two years attempting to get them to fix it myself, and the Housing Authority sent an email to the apartment complex stating the issues needed to be fixed ASAP. That was more than... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law for Delaware on
Q: federal government employee retiring in 2 weeks and have medical issues can they deny me AL/lwop for the last 2 weeks?

how would I go about it. What if they deny me? My supervisor doesnt like me.

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Delaware on
Q: In Delaware, if a trans male (ftm) wears TransTape over his nipples and doesn't wear a shirt, is it public indecency?

TransTape can be worn for swimming at the beach and for other reasons, but covers the nipples and generally pulls cleavage apart and not together

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Delaware on
Q: Car was towed from private property

My vehicle was towed from a shipping center in new castle County Delaware, I was parked there overnight but there were no signs indicating any enforcement. There were only fire lane signs

Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
answered on May 22, 2023

It would appear that parking in a fire lane in PA is a towable offense. Don't need additional warning signs about towing. Probably Tow Company called by Mall Security.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Criminal Law for Delaware on
Q: Is there a law in Delaware against depriving, a victim of medical care?

Such as ignoring a person laying on the ground in distress.

0 Answers | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for Delaware on
Q: Estate and Trust lawyer issues requests for documents relating to income tax Law in scope?

If form instructions are given .. per page 41 see paragraph. But failed to disclose the exception to the rule. Is estate law permitted to use tax law and responsible for accurate interpretation? What is a beneficiary right to report

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Delaware on
Q: can they ban entry from the usa for shop lifting? they didnt take my passport or fingerprints, just my name

no cops involved, the people from the store told me that

Salmina Tarek
Salmina Tarek
answered on May 2, 2023

For information is needed. If this is an immigration question some factors to consider would be if the shoplifting is a misdemeanor or felony, and whether this is the first offense among other things.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Delaware on
Q: My Landlord gave me a 60 day notice that the home will be sold..( manufactured home) I've been here for 4 1/2 years..


1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Delaware on
Q: what are my lifetime rights worth?

DE: spouse died, no will, adult children from 1st marriage, minor from our marriage. house in his name. must sell house to pay his bills. how do we calculate what my "lifetime rights" are worth?

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Mar 8, 2023

There are IRS Annuity LE/REM Valuation Tables in the Treasury Regulations, which are easy to apply. However I doubt you have a life estate but instead are an heir at law and thus a tenant in common with the other heirs. Check the title and DE intestate succession laws, or better, hire a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and International Law for Delaware on
Q: What would US diplomats in the UK do a British woman gives birth to a child

What would US diplomats in the UK do a British woman gives birth to a child and she makes clear that she does not want her child to be a US citizen because of the IRS taxes and does not want her child taken out the UK and Ireland and does not want her child to visit the USA before age 18 for child... Read more »

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 4, 2023

If a British woman gives birth to a child in the UK and does not want the child to be a US citizen, US diplomats in the UK would not have any involvement in this matter. It is the choice of the parents whether to apply for US citizenship for their child or not. If the child is not a US citizen,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Patents (Intellectual Property) and Trademark for Delaware on
Q: Trying to see if there's any anti theft devices for air conditioner condensing units that don't require hook up to alarm

One that just makes noises, and wont need to be wired into a home burglary system.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 25, 2023

There are several types of anti-theft devices available for air conditioner condensing units that do not require hook up to an alarm system. Some of these devices use motion sensors to detect movement around the unit and sound an alarm if triggered. Others use tamper-resistant covers to prevent... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Delaware on
Q: I have an insurance that is refusing to pay for a benefit I was assured they would pay for before getting it.

I have screenshots and emails saying they will but still deny benefit.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 25, 2023

A Delaware attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. If they issued you a denial form or a denial letter, it's possible those could outline your recourses, in terms of litigation, arbitration, etc. There aren't many details here, but one of your options is... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Real Estate Law for Delaware on
Q: How do I move back into my house after legally being removed from it. I own the home.

Hello i just finished a pfa order that was in effect for 2yrs and have been out of my home since. Case was dismissed and my ex who's been living there doesn't want me to come back refuses to pay rent and won't leave voluntarily. We have no verbal or written arrangements for her to be... Read more »

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Dec 19, 2022

Suing her for possession ("eviction") is in order if you are the owner. If someone else owns it with you, then you may file suit for a Sale For Partition. Your lawyer should have already had you ready to do this when the opportunity arose. She will be going after you for child support,... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.