Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Pennsylvania Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Libel & Slander and Criminal Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: How long can the police hold paraphernalia charges over your head before they actually charge you with them

The police want me to tell on somebody, because of possible paraphernalia charges on me. How long are they allowed to continue harassing me until the statue of limitations is up and they either have to file the paperwork or not

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Pennsylvania on
Q: I settled my sisters estate and closed the account. I am the beneficiary and the executrix of her will.

Shouldn't the bank make tge check payable to me

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Pennsylvania on
Q: I settled my sisters estate and closed the account. I am the beneficiary and the executrix of her will.

Shouldn't the bank make tge check payable to me

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning for Pennsylvania on
Q: I settled my sisters estate and closed the account. I am the beneficiary and the executrix of her will.

Shouldn't the bank make the check payable to me

W. J. Winterstein Jr.
W. J. Winterstein Jr.
answered on Sep 29, 2023

After the passage of one year from the date of first publication in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the probate is, and after all due debts have been paid, yes, as sole beneficiary, you should get the residual estate proceeds. The bank should honor your check (as Executor,... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Pennsylvania on
Q: Dentist dropped dental crown down my throat

Hi everyone,

I had to do dental work and my dentist had to place 2 metal dental crowns. She placed the first one, but for the second one, the crown was dropped down my throat and went to my stomache. It took several days so that my body passes it. I had to go to Urgent Care twice to get... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania on
Q: Do I have to give license registration and insurance card if I wasn't asked to do soin the state of PA

I got pulled over for a light bar not being covered that is mounted on my bumper approximately 20 inches from the ground I used the light for auxiliary light I think they only pulled me over because it was 2 in the morning and I drive a junky truck they and figured they had a chance for a DUI

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Pennsylvania on
Q: If I am not on the lease of an apt. Can the tenant renting sue or kick me out for not paying? I’m merely a “guest”?

My husband and I live in my husband’s apartment with his mother. Before he and I got together, he got this apartment for her and him because she could not afford to live on her own. I am not tied to that apartment in any legal way besides my marriage. With knowing my husband has equal rights to... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can the confidentiality section in a traffic citation be used against you in court?

I sped 100 in a 70 traveling in Pennsylvania I am a New Jersey resident. However, the cop wrote the ticket for 75 in a 70. In the confidential information section he wrote "100 in a 70". Could that be used against me in court? He also gave me a careless Driving citation.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: I'd like to consult on transferring my L1B visa to a new employer. What's the process, potential challenges, documents.

I am currently on an L1B visa sponsored by 'Tata Consultancy Services' and I am considering a job change. I would like to seek your professional advice regarding the process of transferring my L1B visa to the new employer.

specifically, I have questions regarding the potential... View More

Daniel Martin Hartzman,
Daniel Martin Hartzman,
answered on Sep 27, 2023

You would not be able to transfer an L-1B visa to a new employer. You would have to have your new employer file for a different type of work visa.

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can I go after my job for wrongful termination

A parent complained I stepped on child's fingers. After reviewing the tape it cleared me that I didn't. They fired me anyway because they said I sat in the chair too long and wasn't actively supervising. The director was in the class with me that day and was doing her work on her... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Pennsylvania on
Q: No lease, do I prove he’s tenant at will or month-to-month to evict in PA? he as been in possess 5 months not paid as ag

He gained possession by asking for pre-settlement possession then breached sale which has expired. He refuses to vacate and is home 33 days past the sale expiration. In PA I need to show a L/T relationship & oral agreement, but he hasn’t paid rent during sale and since expiration. How do I... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Pennsylvania on
Q: Legal signed document altered after closing on home , by settlement company

$5,400 was due to Citizens bank, 10k was escrowed and a document ( I refused to settle and this document was prepared) was made to say

10k will cover any and all additional expenses. This document was completely altered

And allow an insurance company to gain a judgment ( done in 3... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Pennsylvania on
Q: Is it illegal for a property manager to ignore problem tenants?

I live in Newport, Pennsylvania at a apartment complex for close to 13 years. Just a year or so ago, new tenants with school-age children have moved into the buildings adjacent to mine.

Since then, the peace of the apartment complex here have been significantly disrupted. These new... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law, Elder Law and Identity Theft for Pennsylvania on
Q: My father lost his fortune to a network of scam artists. I am looking to obtain power of attorney and recoup his losses.

elderly gaslighting, manipulation. social security fraud, real estate/financial malfeasance

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Pennsylvania on
Q: I dropped my sons car off at a shop(someone I know)talked to owner on phone about car before it was towed there

He never gave me an estimate on what it needed or how much total money but said he needed 1500 to start on it so I dropped off 700 for down payment but didn't want to give anymore until I was positive I was even going to get it fixed. He literally admitted that he never looked at the car.(I... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania on
Q: Should I fight or pay my traffic ticket?

I was recently given a traffic citation in Uniontown, PA by State Police. The officer wrote me for 55 in a 45 in a posted work zone but told me I was going faster. I asked where the work zone began because I was roughly a quarter mile away from the work zone he was posted at which is where he got... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Patents (Intellectual Property) for Pennsylvania on


Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek
answered on Sep 25, 2023

You can't.

Look, a patent is a business tool. A patent costs about as much as a pick up truck. It is typically a small part of a multi-million dollar set of assets of a company.

If you do not have money for a patent (tens of thousands of dollars), how are you going to have...
View More

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Family Law, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Tenant rights of 18-year-old paying rent to their parents if the parent steals tenant’s belongings.

My friend is 18 and graduated but still living with mom. They’ve applied for a job but are waiting on their mom to give them the documents they need to set up a bank account, which makes moving out difficult right now. Once my friend starts work, they will pay their mom the agreed-upon rent of... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Social Security, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: Parent withholding 18-year-old child’s social security card and photo ID

My younger sibling is 18 and graduated high school but is still living with our mom.

My sibling doesn’t have a job or bank account yet. My sibling has a PA photo ID, but our mom insists on keeping it in a “safe place” because she wants to control my sibling. (She refuses to accept... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 28, 2023

Your sibling can request a replacement Social Security card by providing documents to prove their identity, such as a passport or driver's license. If they don't have those documents, they may need to contact the Social Security Administration for guidance on alternative methods of... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can a defendant entity litigate an accident using a false incident report which implicates plaintiff to a crime
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Sep 24, 2023

Yes it can. The plaintiff will need to prove how the accident actually occurred and impeach the incident report to demonstrate that it is false and the the plaintiff did not commit a crime. This typically involves calling witnesses to the incident to testify in court and offering other relevant... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.