Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Georgia Civil Litigation Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Is there remedy for me in this situation. The soffit and fascia have become detached from my home.

Because of this issue there is a huge opening to the attic in which birds, bats or whatever can get in. This is not covered by homeowners insurance. My home is less than 4 years old and the builders are acting as if they have no responsibility at all. A roofer looked at the damage and told me... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Georgia on
Q: Hello. Cam a lawyer please help me.with my case? I want to sue but do not have funds to pay up front. God Bless.

Hello. On 1-3-2022 I was pull over for non-working brake lights (pre-video evidence,they work) 12 broken ribs and lung collapsed and multiple dog bites as well as getting hit by the officers and they admitted to striking in police report. I need help please.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: I live in Georgia. My roommate burned my mattress & boxspring while I was at work. Isnt this Illegal?

He is trying to evict me . Says I owe him a months rent which I don't. I have my receipts. he wants to charge me $50.00 a month for cable which I dont have and been living here 6 months. He never got the black box I need for my room. Cable is in his name. I have been sexually harassed to... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Ex girlfriend won't give me back my horse trailer I financed for her, what's the best course of action

I Bought a horse trailer for my ex gf two years ago, we have been separated over a year now. she pays me back every month but I've gotten to the point where I want to sell it. However she won't tell me where it is located for me to pick it up, its in my name, my insurance, registered in... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation and Consumer Law for Georgia on
Q: Can i sue a small car dealership for selling me a "rebuilt" title vehicle that was not repaired properly?

Purchased vehicle in FL and was told all repairs were completed. Upon inspection by state of GA, we discover that the frame still has damage, and parts of the frame were unsafely repaired, as well as dash warning light were disabled to hide faults. Oddly enough the state of FL inspected this... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Products Liability and Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Found the defendant told judge my sick girl was still working when she was disable and Losing eyesight. I

It was not.under oath .but followed through the court session so everyone will think she is OK but she is bedridden is

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Section (b) paragraph (4) are these defenses independent of each other or will I need to provide both for a defense

I was told by the judge I have to sign a paper in court swearing I was not the driver at the time of the citation and have a police report stating the vehicle was stolen prior to the citation date. I’m not the smartest person but the way it reads to me is you can do either of those two for a... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Employment Law and Small Claims for Georgia on
Q: If an LLC is not in good standing with the state of Georgia at the time of my submission of my claim in a small claim?

I want to file a claim against an LLC for no payment. I worked for her call center under a site called arise as an IC. We have an SOW, and I have her opening email about payment. I also have her messages on Facebook saying the company didn't pay her, and she opened a ticket well; I have an S... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: How do I answer to a summons?
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation and Criminal Law for Georgia on
Q: I was storing an antique coffee table (amongst other things) in my ex father in laws basement.

when i recovered my property the table was not there, he gave it to his stepson and they will not return it what can i do?

Michael D. Birchmore
Michael D. Birchmore answered on Mar 28, 2022

Honestly? Probably chalk this up to an experience to learn from. When you no longer had the family connection ("ex" father-in-law) you should have removed everything from the house immediately. You could sue them of course, but then you would only get the table if you won. On the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Car Accidents and Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: My brother was hit by a car running from cops. Can the officers be held liable for injuries caused by this incident

The officers didn't radio it in or try to stop the hit and run

Zachary Taylor Beck
Zachary Taylor Beck answered on Mar 30, 2022

This question brings up Qualified Immunity, which is a defense under which cops are immune from civil suits for violating constitutional (i.e. arguably your brother's 4th amendment unreasonable seizure right and possibly an excessive force claim) and statutory rights in the course of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Hi, I fired an attorney and the attorney falsely represented me two months later at a deposition I never knew about.

The attorney lied on me in the deposition and it hurt my civil case in which I was a victim of a car accident. He has had a close relationship with the opposing counsel the whole time and left me hanging since I didn't take a low ball offer. After firing the attorney, the lawyer then lied to... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Mar 8, 2022

A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. At this point, you could consider reaching out to attorneys to discuss the file and figure out its disposition in terms of the motion you describe and other issues. It would be difficult for attorneys here to reach... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: My in-laws live on my property and share my well. I turned the water off to their home. Can I legally do this?
Paula J. Mcgill
Paula J. Mcgill answered on Feb 24, 2022

If they are considered tenants, no. That would be a wrongful eviction. It is also a criminal violation.

If you want your in-laws gone, give them notice to vacate in accordance with the law. If they don't leave, file for an eviction.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Partner Financed vehicle, allowed me to make payments for 8 months. Without reason, came and reclaimed vehicle.

Refuses to return the vehicle and continue to deal, and refuses to give me any money back that have been paid into the vehicle. It was financed in their name. Verbal agreement on me keeping the vehicle and making payments.

Cory D. Raines
Cory D. Raines answered on Feb 26, 2022

Since there is no written contract about the essential terms of you all's verbal agreement, then much more information will be needed to better answer your question. Whether there are any written communications (text messages, emails, etc.) that indicate an understanding between you all. I... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation for Georgia on
Q: Does the one party consent law allow me to record my wifes conversations I am not a party to.

Can I set up a voice activated recorder to hear what she says when I'm not around.

Michael D. Birchmore
Michael D. Birchmore answered on Jan 31, 2022

The One Party Consent rule means that at least one (1) person to the conversation must know of the conversation being recorded. If only two (2) people are involved in the conversation, then one of the two must know of the conversation being recorded. Given that you won't be a party to the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Land Use & Zoning for Georgia on
Q: my bathroom sinks bath tubs washing machine and kitchen sink all drain into the ditch. Is this a breach of my lease in
Bettie Carmack
Bettie Carmack answered on Feb 20, 2022

If there are health and safety concerns regarding a property you are leasing or renting, you may contact your local health department or consumer affairs division of the State for assistance. I have attached the tenant's handbook for Georgia.... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.