Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Jersey Identity Theft Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: Pro Bono Lawyer desperately needed in DOG THEFT case : includes Malicious Prosecution, Defamation, Harassment, 100% win!

This is why you became a lawyer - to get JUSTICE! These people have not only deceived us they think they can deceive the Court, and we have all the evidence!! ( All organized, affidavits, exhibits, expert witness, expert report, ) Everything organized and ready to go! I have been out of work an... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, DUI / DWI and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: Someone used my name and identity during a police call and arrest for CDS and DWI. What type of lawyer should I seek?

Criminal Identity Theft


H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
answered on Dec 15, 2022

To fight the DWI you will need a DWI lawyer. When you find out who used your name you will need a civil litigation lawyer to sue that person. Most of us DWI lawyers offer a free in office consultation during normal business hours.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Identity Theft and Small Claims for New Jersey on
Q: New Jersey EZ Pass Tag was stolen, used fraudulently by a company hauling heavy equipment, can I take legal action

I want to find out who did this, causing me months of stress and anxiety.

Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer PRO label
answered on Jan 2, 2022

Yes you certainly can take legal action both civilly and through the criminal justice system. How to determine who stole the EZ Pass may require retains a private investigator. Once that is determined and you have proof, then an experienced civil litigation attorney can review all your... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: Hello. I receive ssd benefits. I am.60. My disability is mental. New landlord got my social security number(theft?)

My former landlord harrassed me tried to evict me. New owner is harrassing me got my ss number and dl number. Kept harrassing me. Did nit even contact other tenants. Singled me out. Im scared this is identity theft. What do i do?

Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
answered on Mar 2, 2021

I believe that the first step should be to notify Social Security Administration that the ID number has been breached, Further, advise SSA that you believe the number is being used without your permission, most likely for improper or illegal purposes.

If you believe the information was...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: Hello I live in condominium. I was taking out my garbage and this lady was recording from her condo. I live in NJ.

Is this legal? And what should I do? I feel like my privacy was affected by this? What legal steps should I take? The garbage container is right in front of my house and she lives across the street.

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
answered on Jun 29, 2020

As long as you are outside and she is not on your property trespassing, she can record whatever she likes, just like everyone who records police officers today.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: a staff in at&t stole my SSN, bought new phone and opened a new mobile account.

I contacted at&t so the account is canceled, but I'm worried because the person still has my SSN. I asked proper action and compensation to at&t but they offered me $19.99 x 22 months credit.

Do you think I should accept that offer? Or will it worth to sue them?

Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera
Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera
answered on Jun 24, 2020

If you are not responsible for the cost of the new phone and the new mobile account, and your SSN has not been used further, you have no current damages to sue for. they are already offering you compensation, but you can also request the company to pay for a credit monitoring service so that you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: A caregiver stole money from my mentally ill niece & she needs an attorney pro bono

Cash was stolen from her safety deposit box by a caregiver while my niece left the area to see a teller

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
answered on Mar 7, 2020

She needs to go to the police and report the crime so the caregiver is arrested.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: Credit Card Fraud: What can the outcome be if I have more than enough evidence?

A woman that I know had stolen my credit card and used it at multiple different stores (11-13 stores). I have more then enough evidence: messages of her sending my card information to another women, email receipts of food deliveries that were sent to the apartment that she was staying at, also... Read more »

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
answered on Nov 27, 2019

In any case the outcome is always the same until it comes out of the judges mouth that no one knows. Thus it can be guilty or not guilty. Based on what you have presented it sounds like it would definitely be a guilty

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: my brother was arrested for wire fraud and aggravated identity theft. it has been 2 months since his arrest.

the public defender assigned to his case claims she has not received all documents. is there a time constraint on when she needs to have all documents? she there a way for my brother to obtain them?

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
answered on Aug 18, 2019

Generally the Discovery is given pretty early on in a Superior Court criminal case so two months is a little long. But we don't know all the facts of his case whether he's incarcerated or free, the country he is in and whether he's been indicted or not etc. etc. If you are... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Consumer Law, Contracts and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: Can a Chase bank be sued for giving unlawful acces to my bank account to my business partners?

My business partners rather than asking me if they had any confusion, continued to purchase goods from my other business that is owned by my wife. Since they were verbally told several times and there is nothing in writing they took advantage of the situation to edge me out of the business. I... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Apr 1, 2019

Hire a lawyer experienced in business litigation, banking law and corporations law.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: What can happen to a wife if she purchased house items with her husbands credit info without asking
William N. Sosis
William N. Sosis
answered on Oct 11, 2018

I think your question is more suitable for posting in the Family Law section. Regardless, I think what can happen mostly depends on how much you spent, whether you used a joint credit card, the trust and quality of your marriage, and how your husband feels about it when he finds out. You might... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Consumer Law, Criminal Law and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: If I , a minor, assume a falsified identity in order to receive a loan in nj from a bank in florida can i be convicted

Applied for loan on internet

Value of the property stolen was 30000

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
answered on Mar 15, 2018

The only difference on how a minor is treated in our criminal justice systems is that instead of going to jail you go to a detention facility and your criminal record will go away if treated as a minor. In my opinion juvenile detention is much worse than jail due to the young inmates being more... Read more »

3 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: Should i file for bankruptcy at 20?

Hello! I have some credit concerns. Im 20 in NJ and I have very bad credit. This is due to when i was younger my mom would use my social security number for accounts and didnt pay them off. So now that Im older, i have much debt i cant get off and Im going to pay for. Does anyone know how to get... Read more »

Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
answered on Jul 6, 2017

It will depend on many factors. Speak to an attorney.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for New Jersey on
Q: if someone accused of bank fraud. video prove they at the bank but their phone track all place they at time and date?

if video show they at the bank this and that but the prove they have is their phone track all their location, and their neighbor proof that they were mostly home all the time? what will happen?

James A. Abate
James A. Abate
answered on Jun 29, 2017

If you have been charged with bank fraud you will be prosecuted and face imprisonment under state or federal charges. If you do not have a skilled lawyer you face a clear and present danger of spending a long time in prison. Do not speak to anyone either police or the bank until you have had a... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.