Ask a Question

Get free answers to your International Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
North Carolina International Law Questions & Answers
Q: retribution for cruel & inhumane torture case depriving individual of liberty, freedoms, rights, from foreign adversary

foreign chemical inside human body w/out consent or acknowledgment by individual, individual GPSD by intelligent system like that of NASA, Deprivation of rights over a 7 yr period due to illegal equipment & hijacking of civilian life, violations on behalf of those whom withhold oaths to protect... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 21, 2024

If you believe you have been subjected to cruel and inhumane treatment, deprivation of liberty, and violations of your rights by a foreign adversary, it is crucial to seek legal assistance immediately. Documenting any evidence of the alleged torture, deprivation of rights, and violations of... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, International Law, Divorce and Child Custody for North Carolina on
Q: My wife and I are getting divorced we've been separated since March. She's moving to Canada on Wednesday

Before asking for a divorce and even being physically separated she had a emotional affair with a man in Canada who she knew from when she was younger who she is now in love with and moving to live with. She gave me notice of this last Wednesday and she wants to be able to take my son there during... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Aug 6, 2023

To protect yourself as a parent and ensure your rights are safeguarded, it is essential to consult with a family law attorney who can assist you in negotiating a custody agreement that serves the best interests of your child and takes into account the international relocation aspect. Proper legal... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: LOST PASSPORT please help! How to extend stay over 90 days with an ESTA, whilst awaiting a new passport?

I have just arrived at the airport to leave USA after a 90 day tourist visit on an ESTA visa waiver program. I was due to leave for 4 days to allow my visit time to renew and then return to the states to finish my trip for another 2 months. But I have arrived at the airport and lost my passport!! I... View More

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
answered on Nov 4, 2021

You will need to comply with the reality. Obtain your expedited foreign passport and then apply for a new visa in that document.

There is no way around it.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, International Law and Internet Law for North Carolina on
Q: Could a 35 y/o male living in another country, get in trouble for talking to a 14 year old female who lives in N.C.?

So I’m a 14 y/o female and recently a 35 y/o male has been contacting me through social media. At first our conversations were mutual and friendly. But we kept talking and now he’s interested in me romantically and sexually and I’m starting to feel uncomfortable. Also he lives in another... View More

David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
answered on Apr 27, 2020

Yes, and although this is not directly international law, my suggestion is that you cut him off from you social media and contact local law enforcement.

Good Luck


1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: I have a friend who is in jail in Sparta NC. This is his first time in trouble in over 10 year's.

He has cousty of his 4 year old son who is a us citizen. Is there anything that can be done to keep him here

Kelli Y. Allen
Kelli Y. Allen
answered on Jan 13, 2019

The answer depends on numerous factors such as: what he was charged with, whether he has been convicted, whether he has an ICE hold (or has been referred immigration court), and, if so, whether he has any form of relief for which to apply. That would depend on criminal record, how long he has been... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: Ive reason to believe fiance is involved in ficticuous lawsuit vs Bedford, Bedford County, VA along w his ex. Ive ??

What do I do? Who do i contact?

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Apr 11, 2018

If by fictitious, you mean that he is lying to you about whether there is a lawsuit, that is pretty easy to check these days. Most courts have their dockets on line indexed by party names.

If you mean that an existing suit is a fraud, I’m sure the Commonwealth Attorney in the county...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in International Law and Municipal Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can you ask what evidence has been brought against you ?
Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Feb 22, 2018

You can ask anything. But, before any lawyer can tell you whether the you will be entitled to discovery, the lawyer needs to know much more information than you have provided. And, if the evidence to which you refer might lead to a criminal charge, it would be extraordinarily stupid to publish... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: Advice

The person who owns the Bronosonic trademark is taking money from people online for neon signs via Neon Signs in US and not shipping them out. The address they've listed on their website doesn't exist and I've tracked the IP address of their emails to China. Can you help?

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Jan 22, 2018

It depends on the contract. If you have the right to sue in the US, you might get a default judgment and then execute on the trademark, though that will be complicated. You might then be able to get a restraining order on the web server advertising your trademark, and then go into the Bronosonic... View More

1 Answer | Asked in International Law, Business Law and Contracts for North Carolina on
Q: I have designed a shoe I'd like to have manufactured mass production Italy. Which contraction is most appropriate ?

I have heard 'Product Development Agreement' 'Manufacturing Contract' 'Supply Contract'. Which is most neccesary and should I have an Italian speaking lawyer draft it in italian ?

Will Blackton
Will Blackton
answered on Dec 8, 2017

The title of a contract is not as important as what's in it. What's in the contract will depend on your desires and requirements and the manufacturer's desires and requirements. If North Carolina law will control the document, English seems like a sensible choice; if Italian law,... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: UK citizen received speeding ticket with COURT DATE in US, but I'll already have returned home. What should I do?!

I am a UK citizen, currently travelling across the USA for the first time in a hire car rented by Hertz. Earlier today (11 Sept), I was driving in North Carolina (Dare County) and was pulled over by a cop and given a speeding ticket for driving "78mph" in a 55mph zone. Apparently, as the... View More

Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 12, 2017

It sounds very much like you want to break our laws and scoot back to the UK without consequence. If so, you likely can as it is highly unlikely the State of North Carolina will bother to hunt you down for a speeding ticket.but doing so would demonstrate incredibly poor character on your part.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can international law enforcement set up a sting operation on a wire scam pick up?

I recently fell victim to an online dating/wire scam. I contacted my local authorities to file a police report and Western Union to file a fraud report. I have no legitimate address, phone number, or name to track the perpetrator. Is it possible for international law enforcement to set up a sting... View More

Richard Sternberg
Richard Sternberg
answered on Jun 7, 2017

You are asking the wrong people. This is a board for legal questions. You are asking a law enforcement question. Contact the police.

But, I will tell you that on-line scams are very interesting to the FBI. The problem is that the email locations are often untraceable and land someplace...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and International Law for North Carolina on
Q: Can green card holder marry with international student in North Carolina?
Holly A Wilcox
Holly A Wilcox
answered on Feb 26, 2017

Immigration status does not affect whether or not two people can get married. The normal marriage requirements will still apply -- you can't be married to someone else, you have to be old enough to get married, etc. However, if the question you are asking is can the green card holder sponsor... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.