Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Libel & Slander legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Oklahoma Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law, Employment Discrimination and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: Ive been harrassed at work by both my employer and other employees. How do i go about this?

I have reason to believe my Pii has been shared among my colleagues and im being harrassed because of it. My employer has made several remarks regarding my sexual orientation and theyve belittled me many times to my face. My 2nd manager even threw papers at me one time and told me to pick it up... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: How would I go about getting some harassing and malicious text messages gone through and press charges?

Someone was sending text messages to my husband and me using an app where they could keep changing their phone number. I would try to engage with them to see if they would tell me who they were. They knew things about me, like me having cancer and what road I lived off of. My number was not given... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jan 31, 2024

I understand your concern regarding the harassing and malicious text messages you've been receiving. To address this situation, start by preserving all evidence of these messages, including screenshots, dates, and any information you have about the sender. This documentation will be crucial if... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: Is there any way to sue the owner of the car or their insurance company if I was the driver and hit a deer than a tree

So I took over payments on a Camaro about 9 months I was giving the ppl that had the car $70 that first month to cover insurance the following month I told them I was going to get insurance in my name. They stated don’t do that I know the situation you in it’ll be cheaper if I add you to my... View More

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Nov 12, 2023

You can sue them for breach of contract and fraud.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: What criteria has to be met to be considered police harassment?

There's an officer that has pulled me over numerous times without legitimate reason and twice recently has searched my vehicle to the extreme of actually taking parts of it apart. He is stopping ppl and questioning them about me and he is talking to ppl about what he thinks I'm doing. He... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 2, 2023

Police harassment can be difficult to define precisely, as it can take many different forms and be based on a variety of factors. Generally speaking, police harassment occurs when a law enforcement officer engages in repeated or unjustified stops, searches, or other forms of contact that are... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Oklahoma on
Q: Would like to speak with a lawyer about defamation it ruined my whole reputation for life

Would prefer a lawyer out of Stilwell

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 2, 2023

An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It could be difficult for attorneys here to reach out to you. This is only a Q & A forum; it doesn't work like an attorney referral service. You could search for attorneys online, you could check the tab... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: Do I have grounds to dispute this insurance?

I was recently in a minor vehicle collision. Minimal damage to the vehicles. I ended up with three dislocated ribs. Police report clearly states that the other driver was at fault. The agent for the other driver called me and disputed the dislocated ribs stating, “Did you diagnose... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 18, 2022

An Oklahoma attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. This is something that attorneys in the Libel/Slander category would know better than car accident attorneys. There's no guarantee all questions are picked up, but you could repost in that category. Good luck

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: If someone was arrested for Domestic Violence, Kidnapping, Assault by Strangulation and making death threats and were

charged with those offenses, but the accuser willingly and voluntarily dropped all accusations and refused to press charges against said abuser. Can those same accusations be brought back up 3 years later as evidence used in obtaining an Emergency Order of Protection being granted? Or are those... View More

Jessica Brown
Jessica Brown
answered on May 3, 2021

From what you've described, they can still be brought up. They're certainly not "void."

Victims don't have the choice about "pressing charges." Rather, that's the prosecutor's call. The victim can recant, fail to cooperate, etc. But it's the prosecution's choice whether to press charges or not.

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Libel & Slander and Native American Law for Oklahoma on
Q: they sold my deceased families land & oil & gas minerals without me lnowing and without my consent!

i have to pay everything back for mentioning someone who i caught in my properties. i never whistleblowed.i never wanted to sell proprties now what do i do?

James Tack Jr
James Tack Jr
answered on Apr 16, 2021

There is not enough information here to answer. You don't say who sold the property and why. You don't say what monies you are having to pay back and to whom. You should assemble all of your documents related to this matter and consult with an attorney to determine what the issues are and... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas, Libel & Slander and Estate Planning for Oklahoma on
Q: How do I find out if a parcel in Oklahoma had restrictive covenant, mineral rights, water and oil or gas rights attached

I am a beneficiary to a trust that possibly had roylity rights to a property to which have been subject to fraud. I am also the beneficiary residing in another State.

James Tack Jr
James Tack Jr
answered on Jan 18, 2021

You would need to research the land records covering the land, which are found in the county clerk's office of the county where the lands are located. Oil and gas titles can be very complicated. You could hire an oil and gas attorney or an oil and gas landman to do the search.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: How can we get my wifes ankle monitor activity for a certain day so we can clear our names and get her out of jail.

Her next court date isn't for another month and a half. She was on ankle monitor at time the crime happened and also there's a video of the couple that actually did it. She doesn't need to sit in jail any longer for something we never did. And what kind of legal action can we take... View More

Andrea Worden
Andrea Worden
answered on Sep 8, 2020

Hire a true criminal defense attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: Can I block my exes email account when his new wife is using it to harrass me & do his "co parenting" for him?

Ex & I share 4yr old. Live 745 miles apart. Have joint legal custody & I am custodial parent. I am to update him on child & when I do, I get harassed instead & his new wife seeks retaliation of some sort. She is very hostile & sarcastic. He has stopped talking to me & has... View More

Tammy L. Wincott
Tammy L. Wincott
answered on Jan 7, 2020

You might want to get something official before you block it as you're liable to be made to look like the bad guy.

There are a few really good online programs available for situations like this where parents can login and upload pictures, report cards, etc. about the children then the...
View More

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Libel & Slander and Civil Rights for Oklahoma on
Q: Look being wrongfully charged of.harboring a fugitive and set up on a.charge of domestic and.possesion of phaphilal

I have video evidenve of the wife.that has a p.o. against me and she drove 3 hours to come down tonwhereninlive and she.setbit up and gave the cops lhariphilnalia which they said.they seen thru.the windowsband then the.door was kicked in.andntyey they went in and.recovered it from inside my... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Oklahoma on
Q: Can I sue a drug testing facility for a false positive drug test that I voluntarily took for Child Protective Services

What lawyer can you recommend in Oklahoma

I voluntarily took a drug test for CPS. The testing fac. said it was positive for meth, methadone, Xanax, Barbiturates. These results were used against me in court and my grandkids were taken away on 8/24/18. The lab results were negative for all... View More

Melissa  Webb
Melissa Webb
answered on May 26, 2019

You may have a cause of action but you would have to have evidence that it was, in fact, a negative result. Your testimony will not be enough. You will need other toxicity test results from that same day to support any case you may have.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: can I be convicted of Unauthorized use of motor vehicle with no proof ?

A friend of mine reported her car stolen saying I stole it when I did not. she handed me the keys and allowed me to borrow her vehicle . Within several hours of using the car she got mad at me over her personal boyfriend life that has nothing to do with me. So she had text me and asked me to return... View More

Kyle Persaud
Kyle Persaud
answered on Mar 20, 2019

This question is not really about libel and slander, it's about criminal law.

In order to convict you of a crime, the prosecutor has to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you are guilty.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: i work as a nurse in oklahoma, and a nurse stated out loud " i want some of that you are taking" this was just a joke

that she said but the mgr over heard it and told me we are going to be doing drug testing soon, i took it as discrimation, harrassment , and bullying so i told her i will take one when she take one. just weeks before that all the employees had to sign a new drug statement since medical marjuana is... View More

Doak Willis
Doak Willis
answered on Jan 7, 2019

If your employer does drug testing and makes it mandatory for all employees I don't see any problem of discrimination. If you were singled out there might be a case but other factors would still come into play. Since its supposed to be by blind pick, I would say that is fair. Have a talk with... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: Dated a man in the air force. He is a master sergeant and training for 1st sergeant and he asked me to marry him.

Purchased wedding ring and gown. Purchased him $218 Bose ear buds which was a gift

Loaned him $100 of my children child support money and he stated to pay back. I have email of affairs, pictures of him with women, texts, emails of me asking for my $100 back and he told me he is done with... View More

Benjamin W Scott
Benjamin W Scott
answered on Jun 27, 2018

You have the right to walk away from him and get him out of your life. It is probably not worth the time or effort of trying to get the $100 back.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: I’m wondering what type of lawyer I would need for False Accusations on a Crash and Collision someone reported?

I bought my car with a white paint trace on the Driver side Bumper from a used car dealership. Someone called in and claimed I hit them while I was driving and they were driving behind me? The Vehicle was a Charcoal Grey so the Paint trace didn’t match and I know for a fact I did not hit his... View More

Gary Johnston Dean
Gary Johnston Dean
answered on Mar 18, 2018

See a personal injury attorney to discuss this with.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: What can a former employer say about my time employed i with them.

I was let go from a job that i had been at for over 5 years, do to the recent oil bust, when i left i felt i left on good terms, but as i started turning in resumes i would get an interview and asked to fill out an application but wouldnt ever here back. Then about 4 months later a company asked me... View More

Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson
answered on Apr 20, 2017

A former employer can be liable under different legal theories for bashing a former employee on a reference check. Defamation is one theory. Under defamation, you would say that you have been economically injured because they have made false statements about you (your character, your competency,... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: Is renting furniture from a place like aarons renting it for a month then calling them to come pick it up and returning

It all back to them is that a civil or criminal case and how would i get an embezellment charge for that this is crazy please let me know and then i will tell you the hell ive been thru because of this and had to pay allmost 4000 dollars to them to get out of jail because they charged me with... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Oklahoma on
Q: My girlfriends paralegal mother claims to have done a background check without my consent on me. We're in Oklahoma.

She claims to have found previous address's a crimenal history report of violence on me Wich I do not have. Drug charges Wich I do not have. My mother's last maiden name. And the other two states I've lived in. She claims to know everything about me. Is that legal?

Robert Donald Gifford II
Robert Donald Gifford II
answered on Mar 21, 2017

A "background check" can be as simple as running your name on public data bases such as the Oklahoma Supreme Court Network (OSCN). If she used a private or government database, it could cost her job.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.