Tennessee Social Security Questions & Answers

Q: I owe fines n court costs,before I can get my driver license back,but i was disabled, n drawing socialsecurity,do i owe

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security and Criminal Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Jun 21, 2018
Mr. Kent Thomas Jones Esq.'s answer
Yes. Disability does not entitle you to break the law, and they will issue warrants for your arrest if you don't pay fines and costs. You may be able to work out a payment plan.

Q: What can I do about attorney signing my name to a document in my social security disability case?

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice and Social Security for Tennessee on
Answered on Jan 3, 2018
Marjorie A Bristol's answer
You should make sure that your current attorney knows of the forgery. You can also report the attorney to the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility.

Q: What do I have to do to start collecting child support from my ex who draws a disability check?

1 Answer | Asked in Collections, Social Security and Child Support for Tennessee on
Answered on Nov 27, 2016
Leonard Robert Grefseng's answer
Its not clear what you mean by "your ex"- if you are divorced, your divorce decree should have addressed the issue of child support, and if he is not paying the child support, you can file a petition for contempt through your divorce lawyer or through the child support enforcement office of your local district attorney ( every county in TN has one). If he is now disabled, the amount of support may have to be adjusted but he still has the obligation to pay whatever was originally set. You should...

Q: What can I do if I have an ineffective social security lawyer that has made me sign that%of all money obtained go to her

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Tennessee on
Answered on May 28, 2012
Jerry Lutkenhaus' answer
You can dismiss this lawyer. However, he or she may file a lien against your benefits. You can also check with NOSSCR to find a qualified lawyer in your area. You can also report this attorney to your state bar association which is supposed to police the ethics of lawyers in your state.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.