Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Hampshire Constitutional Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Admiralty / Maritime, Adoption and Constitutional Law for New Hampshire on
Q: I've had guardianship of my grandson over 1 1/2 yrs., The parents have had no contact, is this enough grounds for TPR

I have already adopted my granddaughter from the same parents but had help through DCYF for that, now I'm in my own and I'm flying blind... any help would be great

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Constitutional Law for New Hampshire on
Q: What happens if local law enforcement does not act on this statute as the defendant creates breach of bail times 2

As I am a victim of a violent crime by strangulation by weapon (cane)on city trans. individual was arrested charged with a felony 2nd degree assault by strangulation (i believe being charged incorrectly)and now as the defendant since committed breach of bail x2 being in direct contact with me... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, Constitutional Law and Municipal Law for New Hampshire on
Q: can a police officer run my name through DMV RECORDS without a violation or traffic stop just to see if i have a license

if a police officer drives by me and i have had no police contact or reason for my information to be searchd online, did not break and traffic laws to warrant a stop, was not infact even pulled over for anything, can he just plug my name in the nh dmv database to see if i have a valid drivers... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 11, 2023

Law enforcement officers generally have broad authority to access DMV records, which includes license status information. This access, however, should be exercised for legitimate law enforcement purposes and not on a whim or for personal reasons. If you believe your rights have been violated, you... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for New Hampshire on
Q: can a judge tell a married couple that they cannot be together. agaist there will, nothing to do with the case....

the only reason is because they are addicts. This cant be legal!

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Jan 4, 2021

If you and your spouse are facing criminal charges, a condition of bail can be no contact. It could also be imposed on many assault type cases involving domestic violence. In short a judge can in fact prevent contact between spouses, children or anyone.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Gov & Administrative Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Once bookd at the pd for arrest if the cops let me read the miranda right aloud not them to me is that possible dismis

Was arrested for refusing breathalyzer, after passing field test. While being booked at the station, the officer started to read the miranda rights and I forget why I said, do u want me to read it? I think it's because he was flopping over words and with masks I cant hear him well anyways. He... View More

Leonard D. Harden
Leonard D. Harden
answered on Nov 22, 2020

This is a commonly asked question. I have answered it in a FAQ on the internet.

Here is the law a about Miranda:

What if the police don’t read me my rights?

This is one of the most commonly asked questions....
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Civil Litigation and Constitutional Law for New Hampshire on
Q: What standing does the 14th amendment have over any type of bank debt ? My understanding is debt occured that is funded

By the European Cental Banks (Fed is funded by those banks) are unconstitutional under the 14th amendment ?

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Mar 30, 2020

The fourteenth amendment does not apply to any sort of "bank debt" per se--European or otherwise. The fourteenth amendment--among many other things--protects all individuals subject to the Constitution--and certain entities--from a state government "taking" of property without... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Small Claims for New Hampshire on
Q: Can a x gf whom moved out 3dys ago break into my house which i own an remove stuff with out me there?

Girl friend leaves me moves to another state 3 days later breaks into my house throu a window, gets her belonging, my sons which thers no court order on custody an takes some of my stuff... i called the cops an they said nothin they can do settle it in small claims...

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Jun 1, 2019

If the only thing she took was her own property and no or little damage occurred to house, i believe they were exercising their discretionary authority to not pursue criminal charges

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Contracts and Criminal Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Can you write a contract knowing it is a violation of the US Constitution

Can you write a contract knowing it is a violation of the US Constitution

Joseph Kelly Levasseur
Joseph Kelly Levasseur
answered on Apr 4, 2018

What kind of a contract would the persons be writing that has to do with the US Constitution?

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law and Municipal Law for New Hampshire on
Q: If a town allows fundraisers for schools and town events, can they deny a church request to post similar fund raisers?

Town newsletter has traditionally allowed church secular fundraisers to be published until July 2015 when a new policy was adopted. New policy states the newsletter cannot "promote a religious point of view". I have pointed out that this policy may be newly iterated but it has always... View More

Israel Piedra
Israel Piedra
answered on May 31, 2016

Research would be necessary to definitively answer this question. However, it seems like the town is simply limiting the newsletter to government-sponsored events. If the town was allowing private events to advertise, but not similar church-sponsored events, there might be a First Amendment... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law for New Hampshire on
Q: Define the constitutional right to privacy arguement
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Oct 20, 2015

You asked this nearly 5 years ago. Have you gotten a grip on your own argument regarding this?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.