Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Banking legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Washington Banking Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business Formation and Civil Litigation for Washington on
Q: Can I find any business information that Sean E Johnsoon owns

Block Vault, LLC

Clearpath Legal Group

Johnson Law Firm, P.C.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Immigration Law, Banking and Internet Law for Washington on
Q: Illegal way

If I wanted to get a test result in an illegal way, but I was deceived, I transferred money but never received a result, you can send this to ic3. In fact, I have not yet broken the law.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 12, 2024

I'm sorry to hear that you were deceived and lost money in this situation. Being scammed is awful and I empathize with how frustrating that must be. Even though you did not end up breaking the law, attempting to obtain test results illegally is still ill-advised.

If you believe you...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Business Law, Military Law and Securities Law for Washington on
Q: I need a lawyer to help run an international bank that provides services to countries and individuals globally

While serving as a special operator in the United States military and using the bank to assist my career covertly

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 11, 2024

My recommendation would be to only engage in lawful and transparent banking and financial practices. If any of the international banking services you are looking to provide could be used to secretly finance military or intelligence operations, you should refrain from offering those services. A... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking and Employment Law for Washington on
Q: I worked 10years in retail in CA I had payroll to take 3%out of my check for the first 3 years from 2005-2008and afterth

That I had them take out $100 every payday andcthe company was supposed to match dollar for dollar whatever I put into my retirement now when I got fired after 10 years I worked for 2005-2015 at the end I believe I should have more than $20,000 in my retirement account? And I wanted to know... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 20, 2024

It sounds like there might have been some miscommunication or misunderstanding regarding your retirement savings and life insurance policy. Firstly, for the retirement account, you should request a detailed statement from the beginning of your contributions to the present. This will help clarify... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Banking for Washington on
Q: All of my chime accounts were closed with no warnings. Instead they sent 3 emails. Can I talk to someone?

They told me I would get a check in the mail 30 days from now. They are claiming I broke the chime amendment rules.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 8, 2024

If your Chime accounts were closed unexpectedly, and you received emails stating that you violated their amendment rules, it's understandable to feel confused and seek clarification. The first step is to carefully review the emails sent by Chime for any specific details regarding the alleged... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Tax Law, Banking and Collections for Washington on
Q: Me and my ex husband share a house. He went to prison and owes court fees and lawyer fees. Will I lose my house?

I want to keep the house, but I don’t want them to take the whole house from me since he doesn’t have money to pay them off.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 28, 2024

When you co-own a house with someone who incurs significant debts, such as court fees and lawyer fees, there is a risk that creditors might target the property to recover what is owed. However, the extent to which your house is at risk depends on several factors, including how the property is... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Banking for Washington on
Q: I live in Washington, I have 2 checking accounts 1 for my SSI one for other they used my SSI to setoff can they legally?

One of the accounts is just my SSI funds which i use for bills rent and food, the other is just a general funds account like if I sell something or get gifted money, it was overdrafted for some time and was told they wouldn’t touch my SSI fund account to setoff it, but then they proceeded to do... View More

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 2, 2024

In Washington, banks generally have the legal authority to conduct setoffs, which involves using funds from one account to cover debts owed on another account held by the same customer. However, there are specific limitations and protections in place, particularly regarding Social Security benefits... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Civil Litigation, Contracts and Estate Planning for Washington on
Q: Why are the individuals retirement funds held in a trust deprived their due process rights? SSA is a dictatorship?

Why does the us constitution not apply to the personal property of the US citizens retirement funds deposits in the SSA trust. The fact remains this is the personal property of each individual who had earned income and payed FICA tax. Regardless of the unlawful acts the bonds subject the burden... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 5, 2024

The Social Security Administration (SSA) operates under a framework established by law, which includes contributions from workers' earnings through the Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) tax. These contributions fund Social Security benefits, including retirement, disability, and... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking and Contracts for Washington on
Q: What are the best alternatives for families needing to refinance mortgage or auto loan debts at this time?
Amber Nicole Austin
Amber Nicole Austin
answered on Jul 11, 2023

My thinking is that interest rates for new mortgages or auto loans are higher than they have been in years, so it is difficult for families to know the best way to handle this type of debt during a divorce. If possible debts can be paid in full to avoid needing a new loan, the asset (aka... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking for Washington on
Q: How can I claim a cashiers check that was lost? Sent to Ohio w/o my knowledge.I have a photo copy of the check/receipt.

I sent to Ohio all documents/check needed as proof of my ownership unfortunately they said there’s no check upon receipt. After 4 months of them receiving the application.

purchased the check from my bank JP Morgan Chase.

Please help me.

Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera
Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera
answered on Mar 24, 2021

The facts are not too clear as you say that a check was sent to Ohio without your knowledge. Were you the purchaser of the check or was it made payable to you? Was the recipient in Ohio the payee on the check? You also state that you sent the documents/check to Ohio... where you in possession of... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Banking, Collections and Small Claims for Washington on
Q: Can we fight this and at least stop the repo?

The co signer for my car filed for bankruptcy so now the bank won’t let me pay. When I try, it says that it’s covered under the bankruptcy. Now the bank is coming after my car if I don’t pay for all the missed payments. So they won’t let me pay but now they want all the money “I owe”

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Sep 21, 2020

They can’t repossess your car while the co-signers automaton stay is in place. Hire a lawyer and let him straighten out the issues between you and the lender going forward.

2 Answers | Asked in Banking, Bankruptcy, Business Law and Intellectual Property for Washington on
Q: What kind of an attorney do I need if there are issues with divorce, fraudulent bankruptcy, property, and business.

He also made me very sick. I have been blocked from seeing any documents. I am in need of a attorney ASAP

Robert C. Hahn III
Robert C. Hahn III
answered on Jun 4, 2020

The short answer is, you need an attorney that understands both family law and bankruptcy law or two lawyers that know each individual area of law to work together.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Banking and Consumer Law for Washington on
Q: My debit card was skimmed at an ATM and I am having difficult with the bank investigating and refunding.

I reported the 2 fraudulent withdrawals immediately to the fraud department and was told an investigation would begin right away and the card would be de-activated. I also reported it to my bank by email and by phone the next business day. When I received no communication in regard to it, I was... View More

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Apr 23, 2019

Simple question, simple answer: If you ever expect to get any of your money back you will have to cooperate with the bank, because they are the only ones who can help you (now). it does not matter where you on this earth you are or will be, or how many days they should have to start the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Family Law and Antitrust for Washington on
Q: I don’t have a bank account so my ex wife allowed me to have my employer direct deposit my paychecks into her account an

And now she won’t give me any of my money

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
answered on Apr 15, 2019

Unless you give us more information--for example, tell us WHY you ex wife is refusing to "give you any of your money"-there is very little anyone can do to help you online.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Federal Crimes, Immigration Law and International Law for Washington on
Q: I just learned that I inadvertently committed a federal financial crime. Should I write a letter of explanation to IRS?

I'm from Canada and a US permanent resident ( through marriage) since 2011. I made several money transfers from Canada of less than $10,000 not knowing that this was a federal crime to do so. No one at my bank ever notified me of the potential problem. I am seeking a divorce and my US citizen... View More

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
answered on Nov 8, 2018

You need to speak with an attorney familiar with federal law around international financial transactions.

1 Answer | Asked in Banking, Consumer Law and Estate Planning for Washington on
Q: Is it possible to attain multiple EINs for one trust ?

A prospective bank for the funds insures accounts up to $250,000 per EIN. Would it be possible to obtain multiple EINs in order to gain more insurance for the trust?

Marjorie Simmons
Marjorie Simmons
answered on Jul 6, 2016

Probably not for that reason.

The IRS says:

You will be required to obtain a new EIN if any of the following statements are true.

* One person is the grantor/maker of many trusts.

* A trust changes to an estate.

* A living or intervivos trust...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.