Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Tennessee Internet Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Tennessee on
Q: Is it possible to have an abusive ex boyfriend's name removed from the deed to the home we both own?

I fled the relationship almost 4 years ago. I was followed, though. I was too afraid to live alone. Thankfully, i had many friends who offered me a safe place. Safe until my ex discovered where I was staying. Once he knew, he terrorized my friends until either I left, or was asked to leave. If my... View More

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on Aug 16, 2023

It is possible. It is not easy or inexpensive but it is possible and may result in a sale of the property. In Ohio it is a remedy called partition. Partition cases in Tennessee refer to legal proceedings which allow joint owners of real estate to divide their interests in the property. In other... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, International Law and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: Domain Registrar- cheated.Not added purchased domain to my acct- due to selling it at higher price -refunded the money.

Dear sir, I am 56 years male living in india! Most unimaginable fraud commited by NETWORK SOLUTIONS LTD ( My registrar). I have registered a domain name with NETWORK SOLUTIONS (My registrar) based in Virginia! Checked the availability of the name in Network solutions website search... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 19, 2023

I'm sorry to hear about the fraud you experienced with Network Solutions. It's important to take action as soon as possible to try to rectify the situation.

You may want to consider contacting Network Solutions again and explaining the situation to a manager or supervisor. Provide...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: If I sign a contract-at school-agreeing that I will not post on social media about a person can I get in trouble if i do
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 3, 2023

A Tennessee attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. If it's a contract with the school, it's possible that violating it could result in loss of privileges or some form of discipline by the school. Depending on what's posted, it's even possible... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Internet Law and White Collar Crime for Tennessee on
Q: Have someone threatening to post nude photos to my family and friends if I don’t get them a 500 dollar Amazon gift card?

What can I do?

Cayley Turrin
Cayley Turrin
answered on May 10, 2022

I would call the police and let them know.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Collections and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: need some on to do a motion to entry Qdro order for alimony arrears.
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
answered on Aug 12, 2019

If you are looking for an attorney, you can use this site to search for a family law attorney with experience in QDROs in your area. QDROs can be difficult so you should find someone who has experience in this area.

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: If I have been asked to pay money to someone or they will show my husband/family/everyone messages implying an affair.

Is this considered blackmail especially if it's all online and written.

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
answered on Apr 17, 2019

That's extortion. If you don't know the person making the threats it's likely a scam and should be ignored. If it's someone you know, you may want to consider discussing the issue with an attorney and/or reporting the issue to law enforcement.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: Can a corporation require me to give access to my phone at any time and expel me if I do not comply? And is this legal?

Im 19 and in a fraternity and our chapter advisor is making members sign a document that says, "Upon request of the fraternity service center, Province Archon, Chapter Advisor, or Executive Officer, I will immediately, without delay, open and share any electronic communication that I have been... View More

Griffin Klema
Griffin Klema
answered on Mar 22, 2019

It sounds like the fraternity is a voluntary non-profit organization. In the U.S. we enjoy what is called freedom of contract, which allows us to make agreements for all kinds of things. Sometimes agreements can't be enforced (even if you sign them). What the document is describing sounds... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Internet Law and Libel & Slander for Tennessee on
Q: What can I do about someone publicly posting false things and slander about me on social media?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Nov 16, 2018

I do not practice in Tennessee but your question remains open for four weeks. You could consult with an attorney in your state to evaluate the things posted, and learn if it would be cost-effective to pursue such a claim. You could also inquire with the attorney about the timeframes within which... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Collections, Health Care Law and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: What if it has zero nicotine
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Sep 12, 2018

It looks like part of your question is missing and may have inadvertently been left out.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: Is it against the law in tennessee to record the birth of child without the mother's consent (who happens to be a minor)
Marjorie A Bristol
Marjorie A Bristol
answered on Dec 21, 2017

If you mean issue a birth certificate, then yes. The mother cannot opt out of having a birth certificate issued.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Q: Scammed by a person on Do I need a lawyer to subpoena Etsy so I can take him to court?

On the website, he was a single vendor/seller. He agreed on building a custom sign and sending it to me for $455, which I purchased on Aug 31, 2016. He delayed long enough that it was outside of the websites time period to do anything about it and issue me a refund. He finally sent the... View More

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
answered on Dec 21, 2016

It'll cost you at a minimum a few hundred dollars in filing fees (if in TN). Plus you'll need to track down who the seller actually is, where he really resides, and personally serve the seller. Which can add several hundred dollars more in service and skip trace fees. If he's in a... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.