Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Alabama Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Alabama on
Q: What is the best approach to filing a appeal with ninth circuit Court of appeals?

What type of attorney would I need when dealing with this type of case?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Dec 19, 2019

It would depend on what the matter involves; your posted categories cover several areas. Find an attorney who handles appeals in the area that your case involves. You could look up attorneys on this site or through your own independent searches. Without knowing anything about the subject matter of... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Tax Law and Legal Malpractice for Alabama on
Q: I have received a letter from the State of Alabama Dept of Revenuel Notice of Preliminary Assessment for the year 2010.

Received a letter when I filed these taxes that I had filed to late to receive a return. Filed through Liberty tax service who did not file 2013 taxes till 2017. Don't understand what is going on or what to do, Can you help

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn answered on Aug 13, 2019

You only have a certain period of time to file a return claiming a refund or else you forfeit the refund. It sounds like you filed a return too late to claim the refund and the state tax department is notifying you of that. There's nothing you can do about the refund. You may have recourse against... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Gov & Administrative Law for Alabama on
Q: Do I have a case against county jail for having me sleeping on floor now I have bad back pain
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 19, 2018

You could consult with an Alabama attorney, but it would be a difficult case. The attorney would likely want to see medical records to substantiate the pains described.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Traffic Tickets for Alabama on
Q: Stopped for a routine license and insurance check. Valid NM license exp 2020, AL tag, POI shown.

NM tag due to attending college in NM. Tag AL bc mother owns title and AL resident. Why was a ticket given and charged with court date for a suspended license? Everything is current and no traffic citations current. New insurance recently, no issues. What recourse is possible?

Mr. James Parrish Coleman
Mr. James Parrish Coleman answered on Sep 14, 2017

Please try this question again and give a few facts. Was your license suspended? Did you go to court? Can you show that your license was not suspended? Did you have valid insurance when you were stopped? Please ask again and tell EXACTLY what happened. Just the facts.

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Alabama on
Q: How do I change my first and middle name?

I was wondering what would the process be for me to legally change my first and middle name. I am currently in the military stationed at Fort Drum, NY, but my home of records is in Alabama.

Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel answered on May 2, 2017

Name changes are done where you reside. In NY, there are forms online you file with the court in your county. It is meant to be done yourself.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.