Government Contracts Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

US Territories

  • Puerto Rico

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Government Contracts Questions & Answers
Q: I would be happy to find an IP lawyer interested in represent my interest in intelectual property that I wish to patent
Kevin E. Flynn
Kevin E. Flynn answered on Apr 29, 2020

I am glad that you are taking care with this choice. Picking a patent attorney is different than some other limited tasks like buying a house. You need someone with the right legal skills and the right technical knowledge. You also need someone that you can work with as an external team member... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Government Contracts and Juvenile Law for Illinois on
Q: I got pulled over after getting caught stealing from a gas station and that day was my last day of court supervision

I was just wondering is that going to go against it because by then I will have my court date in a few weeks away I would also like to add I’m a minor and was under the influence and they breathalyzer but they just let me go and said they send the tickets in the mail I’ve dealt with cops a lot... Read more »

Juan Ooink
Juan Ooink answered on Mar 23, 2020

Your Court Supervision should be fine, but you really need to have your parents hire a criminal defense attorney for you in order to assist you with these new charges. The sooner an attorney is hired, the better.

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts on
Q: Hi, I have recently signed my cousin’s name on a gov paper without the intent of defraud. Is it illegal to that?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 16, 2020

It would have been better if the cousin had given you power of attorney to sign on their behalf, if such an arrangement would have been acceptable for the form. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Q: What is appeal? If sentenced can you still get one?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 9, 2020

You include four categories for your question, but do not include Criminal Law - although you mention the word "sentencing." If your matter involves sentencing, a criminal defense lawyer should be advising you. As a general matter in virtually any context, appeals are governed by short... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts for Louisiana on
Q: What kind of lawyer do I need for the state (la) road home sueing me.
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 2, 2020

A Louisiana attorney could help you best, but your question remains open for four weeks. Do you know what kind of matter they are suing you for? That's the first thing to figure out. That could help answer your question about what kind of lawyer is needed here. If you need help with this, you... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts and Government Contracts for Tennessee on
Q: I would like to sue the state of TN for breach of contract. Because I feel my 1st amendment right was violated.

When I signed a contract agreeing to receive the offer that gives theam a right to permote A A and faith based programs.

Do I have a case

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills answered on Jan 30, 2020

An attorney would need to review the contract documents and have a discussion with you further about the facts to determine whether you have any causes of action. Consult a local attorney to assist you.

3 Answers | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts, Traffic Tickets and DUI / DWI for Illinois on
Q: My license has been revoked for over 10 years. I was caught driving a month ago. Can I get a license again in Illinois
Theodore J. Harvatin
Theodore J. Harvatin answered on Jan 21, 2020

Unless you have 4 or more convictions for DUI yes you can. First you have to resolve the driving while revoked ticket. Then you will have to have a hearing with the Illinois Secretary of State. There’s a long process to getting ready for that and you should consider retaining an attorney.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Government Contracts for Virginia on
Q: Dbids afi 31-113 for base proceedures. Can a commander bar you from base based on a 27 years old conviction?

My dbids access card was recently flagged for something that happened 27 years ago in Salinas CA. Im honorable discharged Combat Veteran of 23 years. I work on base at fort eustis, VA.

F. Paul Maloof
F. Paul Maloof answered on Dec 27, 2019

I regret that I do not handle military base access card matters. Sorry.

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Municipal Law for California on
Q: Who does make sure cities in a state ( California) comply with state laws?
Michael Doland
Michael Doland answered on Dec 24, 2019

Your question is too vague to permit any analysis. What laws?

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation and Government Contracts for Georgia on
Q: My husband fell 4 ft off a dock at work, when he has Dr. appt. is workers comp responsible to pay him for the hours he's

Out of work because he fractured his right hand, broke 2 teeth and chipped several others also scared his nose and had a bump on his head

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Dec 22, 2019

I'm sorry for your husband's injuries. Your question remains open for three weeks; do not lose further time. Your husband should seriously consider contacting a workers' comp attorney to outline what he must do to preserve his rights in a WC claim in a timely manner. Most... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Lemon Law for Kentucky on
Q: If someone has a warrant in one state can you sit your time out in a different state on a class c missdamenor

If you have a warrant in the state of Texas for a class c missdamenor Theft under 100$ can you sit your time out in the state of Kentucky if u don't live in Texas no more

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Nov 16, 2019

Not unless you have a lawyer arrange that for you down in Texas so it runs concurrent with Kentucky time.

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts for Maine on
Q: Are road building contractors required to be certified by the state?

Contractor rebuilding a road in town, wondered if there are licensing or certification requirements?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 14, 2019

A Maine attorney could answer you best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You could check with the Maine Department of Transportation to see if they offer information/resources for contractors. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for New York on
Q: Can Federal Labor law requiring employers to pay you overtime for mandatory training be waived in a Union Contract

I am a County Employee. As part of our collective bargaining agreement, the county requires us to attend mandatory training on our own time. My question is- can FLSA / Labor Law be negotiated away in a collective bargaining agreement?

V. Jonas Urba
V. Jonas Urba answered on Oct 7, 2019

Looks like that requires a thorough reading and analysis of your collective bargaining agreement. Most employment lawyers will probably charge for reviewing and analyzing employment contracts.

You can always present that issue to PERB the NYS Public Employment Relations Board. Generally,...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Government Contracts for Indiana on
Q: If I signed a contract but they had the complete wrong last name stated for me. Is that valid?

And can you sue someone over a contract if the only information you have about them is their first name. No address, no last name, no anything else.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 21, 2019

I can't speak for state-specific requirements for contracts under Indiana law. But your question remains open for a month. As a general legal premise, there are certain fundamental requirements for a contract to be valid, such as the proper identification of the parties, the exactness and... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts on
Q: Is 24seven can charge for carry bag ? Like paper bag or jute bag and they also have their logo on it.
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 19, 2019

Many places have instituted the charges now, depending on the city or county.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Government Contracts, Libel & Slander and Native American Law for California on
Q: I wanted to know what I can do about TANF in pala Ca.? They have stressed me to the point of being ill and depressed.

I have proof that they mistreated me and recordings, I know that they have a personal vendetta with me.

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Sep 10, 2019

You have to provide a lot more detail in order to get decent legal advice. This is probably not the best forum for getting an answer for you. Contact the County Bar Association in the county in which the local office of TANF is located, and ask for a civil rights attorney referral. The initial... Read more »

Q: SSDI hearing

Will I get denied if I do not have an attorney at my court hearing?

Cristina M. Lipan
Cristina M. Lipan answered on Aug 19, 2019

You won't get denied just because you don't have an attorney, but you're much more likely to be successful if you have one. That's because an attorney will know what records you need and will argue why you should be considered disabled. However, you will need to get an attorney... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts on
Q: Problem is related to moot.
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 24, 2019

Part of your question may have inadvertently gotten cut off when you uploaded. You could try reposting the question. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts for Tennessee on
Q: In 2007 I had a drug felony. My job has asked me to get notarized. Can I?
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery answered on Jul 12, 2019

Not sure of your question. But if you were convicted, not just charged, with a Felony, then you cannot be a Notary Public in Tennessee...You may wish to check with the Court Clerk where the charge was, to see what the actual disposition was.

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Contracts and Government Contracts for California on
Q: Won a Federal Government Purchase Order, Manufacturer not honoring their price quote they had provided us with initially

Hello, my firm won a Federal Government Purchase Order roughly $9k based on an initial quote received from a distributor of the goods who were in turn quoted by the manufacturer. Now that I have the PO on hand, manufacturer is not releasing the order because they are saying that they quoted the... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Jul 11, 2019

Free practical advice offered for the last 41 years to people starting or operating small businesses:

The main difference between successful small businesses and those that fail within a relatively short period of time is good legal advice. The owners of most successful small businesses...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.