Mergers & Acquisitions Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Mergers & Acquisitions Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Mergers & Acquisitions and Municipal Law for Alabama on
Q: Need a lawyer to represent public library?
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Jul 29, 2019

"Public" libraries are usually represented by a lawyer that works for the city or county that owns the library.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law, Mergers & Acquisitions and Traffic Tickets for California on
Q: I got a ticket for disobeying sign/signal/ markings at intersection in BH, officer gave me a juvenile ticket but I’m 19
Marc David Pelta
Marc David Pelta answered on Jul 7, 2019

You should contact an experienced criminal defense attorney to schedule a case review, most do not charge for the first meeting with you and then you can consider your options.

1 Answer | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime and Mergers & Acquisitions for Nevada on
Q: The question is, what is the process of selling a boat in an llc in california for buyer and seller. Who does what?

If you are the seller (transferring the llc to the buyer) what are you required to do and when? If you are the seller what are you required to do an when? I.e. register the llc in your name, etc...

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 6, 2019

Depending on the size of the vessel, this can be a complex transaction that can involve state-specific laws in a number of different areas. It is something that needs to be discussed in detail with an attorney who practices in the jurisdiction. Good luck.

Tim Akpinar

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for Pennsylvania on
Q: Customer posted a negative review with my name. Can I get it removed?

Customer posted Google review with my name capitalized and corporate has tried to contact with no response. The information is a lie and if she would reference her own receipt, then she would be to see no charge. Do I have a case?

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 19, 2019

As you get more with honey than with vinegar first I would suggest you send her a nice letter saying you are sorry to see she is dissatisfied but if she checks her receipt there was no charge. See what her response is. Then a lawyer should help you with a very carefully worded letter to google.

1 Answer | Asked in Admiralty / Maritime and Mergers & Acquisitions for Nevada on
Q: Whats the template for a sale of this type from both a buyers and sellers best practices pov?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 11, 2019

In terms of templates, it could depend on the preferences of the Nevada broker handling the sale. While they could be similar in general characteristics and basic issues covered, templates could differ from broker to broker.

Tim Akpinar

Q: I would like to trade a phrase I guess it would be called

The phrase is ( The G.O.A.T.)

Sean Erin Serraguard
Sean Erin Serraguard answered on Jun 7, 2019

Though trademarks will depend on how you use the word or phrase, the answer is very likely no. There are numerous live marks which primarily rely on "Goat" and "G.O.A.T.", including marks which list only those words or acronyms respectively. Without doing a full search, it... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Civil Litigation, Contracts and Mergers & Acquisitions for Louisiana on
Q: I hired a builder and he posted pictures of my signed contract online. Is that legal?

I gave them a bad review on Facebook

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on May 21, 2019

Whether what the builder did was "legal" is impossible to say without much more information. I will note that there is very little difference between what you did (post a bad review online) and what you say the builder did in response (posted pictures of your signed contact online.)

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Employment Law and Mergers & Acquisitions on
Q: Can a company change an employment contract without agreement, and affect how we used to be paid in the process?

I have been employed for more than 5 years to date by LIBERTY HOLDINGS (PTY) LTD. Then was/still transferred their business to another company called JHI (PTY)|CUSHMAN WAKEFIELD EXCELLERATE (PTY) LTD. The marriage entered to is to manage their properties and employees. In that business transfer... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 5, 2019

This seems more like an accounting and bookkeeping question than an employment law question. In any event, if you have an employment agreement you might be able to enforce the agreement; Consult a local lawyer about it.

2 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Criminal Law and Mergers & Acquisitions for California on
Q: Can I sue a DRP repair shop for omitting replacement parts and tampering/flashing car computer and security system?

No authorization recieved or revealing of acts in any correspondences or in any invoice , estimate given .

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Mar 20, 2019



Read more »

View More Answers

Q: legal compensation for wrong defendant ?

BK case no: 11-43424-CJP, BAP No: MW19-016

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Mar 8, 2019

What is your question?

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law and Mergers & Acquisitions on
Q: Hello, I am a PhD student in Poland.I am looking for inf on defects of consent in Delaware corporate law (resolutions)

Where can I find information on defects in consent while conducting corporate resolutions in Delaware? Specifically relatd case law. Best regards

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Feb 1, 2019

There are a number of different databases out there, some of which are free and some of which charge fees. This could be a narrowly tailored legal search. You could broaden it slightly and possibly retrieve additional search results by including issues of mistake, fraud, meeting of minds, mutual... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Law, Contracts, Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: If an LLC (with a land lease stating the lease cannot be sold) is sold, does this also mean the lease is sold? Breach?

How do I get around a breach? I'm trying to acquire the LLC and continue the current lease as is. The LLC owner wants to retire and offered to sell me his business. Would a partnership with the LLC be a better option rather than an acquisition? Another detail about this situation is that I am... Read more »

Elizabeth Tarasi
Elizabeth Tarasi answered on Jan 8, 2019

Who is the current landlord? Please give me a call in my office. Your transaction seems a little more involved than can be done in a message forum. My office number is 412-391-7135

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for California on
Q: Am I required to give my employees any notice before my company gets acquired?
Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq. answered on Dec 27, 2018

Why would you not? Will it not affect their employment? Common decency is a good rule of thumb. More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my credentials,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Mergers & Acquisitions and Tax Law for Virginia on
Q: I have recently been robbed of my gift tax inheitence. I have retrieved documents from the tax department recently.

my exhusband forged my documents in 2013. he altered the employer id number and stole the financials using the incorrect years to file them and sold it to google for an award. in 2017 my devices kept having all these wierd things coming up. i just thought it was spam. next thing i know i seen an... Read more »

F. Paul Maloof
F. Paul Maloof answered on Dec 23, 2018

This sounds like a criminal case. You need to call the federal or state prosecutors to make a complaint. I do not handle your type of case. Sorry.

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions and Patents (Intellectual Property) for California on
Q: My company has a few IP patents that are important to me as its CEO. If we merge with another company, how will that

affect the ownership of these patents?

Peter D. Mlynek
Peter D. Mlynek answered on Nov 17, 2018

Typically, if there is a merger, the patents will belong to the new company.

But it does not have to be that way. Issued patents are treated just like any other business asset. Your company can sell the patents along with all the other business assets such as inventory, production...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for California on
Q: What is the best way to research whether a company offering to buy mine is financially sound?
Stefan Dunkelgrun
Stefan Dunkelgrun answered on Sep 16, 2018

ask them for their financial records - income statement & balance sheet. You could also ask for a letter from their bank.

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for Florida on
Q: If an agreed upon merger ends up not happening because one company pulls out last-minute, what are the other company's


Stefan Dunkelgrun
Stefan Dunkelgrun answered on Sep 16, 2018

that depends entirely on what kind of interim agreements the two companies had.

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for Hawaii on
Q: What is a company's board of director's role during a merger?
Stefan Dunkelgrun
Stefan Dunkelgrun answered on Sep 16, 2018

the job of the board of directors is to supervise management (the executive officers). Ordinarily, the board would be heavily involved with the discussions surrounding the merger. At the very least, they'd be part of the discussion of what the board of the merged company would look like,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Mergers & Acquisitions on
Q: Should I set up a Limited Partnership or Corporation to buy a business with investors who will not be in its management?

Deleted question

Stefan Dunkelgrun
Stefan Dunkelgrun answered on Sep 16, 2018

this is too broad a question with not enough specifics. The legal, managerial, and tax implications of a limited parnership is quite different from that of a traditional corporation, and that's without even discussing some of the other possibilities, like a limited liability partnership,... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Mergers & Acquisitions for California on
Q: They want me to sign a letter of intent - that doesn't mean I'm totally locked in, does it?
Stefan Dunkelgrun
Stefan Dunkelgrun answered on Sep 16, 2018

A letter of intent is proof that you are committed to the transaction. It means that you generally agree to the transaction, but still need to work out the details. You are not locked in, but at the same time you may be liable for damages if you back out without a good reason. You should consult... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.