Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Illinois Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Illinois on
Q: I have a question about real estate law in the state of Illinois

The home my girlfriend is renting has currently been put up for sale and someone has been approved to purchase it. Are her current landlord‘s allowed to evict her before she has another place to live

0 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law, Business Formation and Business Law for Illinois on
Q: I set up a business & website in 2018 with my now former partner. We didn't have an legal agreement re our partnership

just the public notice of our new business. Both of our names/ addresses are on this public notice as "owning, conducting or transacting business." She took over the website in 2020 & changed the password. This year, she shut down the website without asking me & has told me to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Illinois on
Q: How can I sell off my condo without my mother's presence?

I recently paid off the mortgage to my condo that my mother also has a name to it. We've been wanting to sell our condo for awhile, but when the pandemic hits, my mother doesn't want to do any travelling. She resides in Georgia. I live in the condo in Illinois. Both of our names are on... Read more »

Kori Maria Bazanos
Kori Maria Bazanos answered on Sep 21, 2021

Sellers typically do not attend the closings of the sale of the property. The sellers will execute the requisite closing documents in advance. Though I do not know the precise details of your proposed sale, I believe your mother can most likely execute the requisite documents in Georgia and send... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Libel & Slander for Illinois on
Q: If a trucking company want to sent informatiin to social security admistration.

If a trucking company want to send information to a social security information.

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Illinois on
Q: Can text messages be subpoena in a child visitation time case?

We're in a case that the parentage of the father has been established and now its the child visitation portion of the case. Can text messages,psychologist evaluation, sworn testimony from a child from a previous relationship be used as evidence against?

0 Answers | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith and Identity Theft for Illinois on
Q: I am an American income life policyholder. I have not gotten anything since I applied for it back in july

see the photo of this. American Income Life: Protecting Working Families


A notification that your

the insurance application is being reviewed.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for applying for insurance through the American... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Illinois on
Q: I work in at at will state. Can I sue my former employer?

So, I used to work for a big name company and they fired me for calling off due to a icy weather (not sure if I have the vm proofing it) but I do have emails, phone calls are recorded on their end and a letter from unemployment stating that my former employer said they fired me for misconduct and... Read more »

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko answered on Sep 21, 2021

The best legal approach would be scheduling a personal or remote meeting with an Illinois licensed employment (labor) law attorney and discussing possible merits on that legal action in a two way format. Without that it is rather impossible to suggest whether your case has merits.

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody for Illinois on
Q: If proven a conflict of interest w/ CHFS,orCHFS interests are priority over a childs,can action be taken against them?

My grand daughter is special needs. We were told that.She would be deaf,mute,blind,and never walk,talk,and be on a feeding tube all her life.I had her put into multiple therapies 2 1/2 years ago.Yes,it's been a challenging road but so rewarding and worth every minute of it.She is almost 3... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Litigation for Illinois on
Q: Can a plaintiff contact potential witnesses before their attorney does?
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko answered on Sep 18, 2021

That maybe improper depending on Plaintiff’s intent and purpose which may create witness tampering situation.

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Illinois on
Q: I am a pet sitter/dog walker/care giver who on 9/10/2021 sufferered a medical condition that has weekened the right side

of my body and I cannot perform theduties of the jobs that are required. Can I file a disability claim or something else that can bring income tomyself

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander and Criminal Law for Illinois on
Q: How long will they investigate, watch me

Continue to be watched and followed by two detectives. Was over a teen several months ago that emailed me.

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko answered on Sep 17, 2021

The law enforcement never comments or advises anyone about pending criminal investigations, however, the most vital thing for you to do is to immediately discuss your possible criminal exposure with licensed criminal defense attorney as anything you do, state or admit to without counsel will be... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Real Estate Law, Civil Litigation and Landlord - Tenant for Illinois on
Q: What are the best steps to take when the home I own sits on rented land and suffers damage from land's water-main break?

The home I own in Will County, IL is on rented land. Damages to my decking and the home itself (ceiling and wall cracking, sinking foundation) has been caused by a water main break on the land for which the landowner holds responsibility. I am seeking the legal advice on the correct steps to take... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Illinois on
Q: Father of 10yr old and share 50/50 custody. Me and his mother disagree about the dangers of corona

I have given up going to what I’d consider high risk places long ago, never do I go anywhere without wearing a mask as additional protection for my own protection and my sons. The mother sees no issue going to bars, events etc. that I consider high risk without a face mask. Im concerned this is... Read more »

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko answered on Sep 21, 2021

It is a difficult situation.

You cannot compel another parent to use the same level of seemingly reasonable to you precautions to protect your 10 year old son.

Also, a 72 hours "quarantine" will not assure that the son will not get exposed to any Corona strain as...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Illinois on
Q: I want to start a cannabis business but licensing is too expensive in Illinois, how legal is it to sell cannabis clones

What is a Cannabis clone? A cannabis plant that is a genetic copy of the mother plant. When obtained from a reputable breeder, a clone is a young female cannabis plant with stable genetics. Growers typically select to raise clones instead of seeds when they would rather not risk getting a plant... Read more »

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko answered on Sep 16, 2021

No, it would not be legal as the State of Illinois requires a very strict licensing, regulation, and eligibility for any cannabis and its derivatives operation in the state.

Besides, such operation does not qualify as a Sec. 503 non-for profit entity as it would be geared towards profit...
Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Illinois on
Q: What do I do if I'm pro se and I have court ordered signed by Judge. Well she has been interfering (the grandmother..

Its already been motioned in court ,police reports, the judge does not listen to me,this is all out of her feelings and what they're toward me.what do I do please help

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Illinois on
Q: I turn 18 in 4 months and I want to move out of state to go live with my boyfriend and his mom. I live in Illinois.

He lives in Missouri. My probation is 18 months long. Is it possible I can move when I turn 18 ?

Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko answered on Sep 21, 2021

No, you may not move out of the State of Illinois, even if you become 18, unless the terms and conditions of your Illinois probation permit that out of state move. Ask your assigned PO or the attorney who worked on your criminal case.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Small Claims for Illinois on
Q: Roommates preventing me from moving in because they aren't comfortable with my medical condition

Hello, I signed a lease with two girls a few months back for an apartment. Last month I found out I had a brain tumor and was unable to move into my apartment on time. I lost my first month's rent and last month's rent along with a few other fees. I still need further treatment, but my... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Illinois on
Q: Is my daughter health private


1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law for Illinois on
Q: We r looking for a home but have to sign a lease today for apt renewal on Nov 15. If I find something is there an out?

Do I have any time to get out of the contract if I find something within the next 2 weeks?

James G. Ahlberg
James G. Ahlberg answered on Sep 15, 2021

No, unless you convince your landlord to put it into the lease. Check the terms of your existing lease. What does it say happens if you don't sign a new lease and simply stay put?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.