Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oregon Federal Crimes Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oregon on
Q: Why allow a person who was charged to re appeal?

Evidence to prove charges has been proven.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Immigration Law for Oregon on
Q: Does one have a chance to come back to U.S. after being deported for aggravated felonies if mother is a U.S. Citizen?
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
answered on Jan 11, 2022

In my opinion after a removal for several aggravated felonies convictions the chances of being permitted for admission to the United States are nil, notwithstanding the legal status of immediate family members in the U.S.

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence, Federal Crimes, Libel & Slander and Child Custody for Oregon on
Q: My wife assaulted me, she filed a false restraining order and kidnapped our kids and is using emotional blackmail.

She emotionally blackmailed me into not submitting any evidence at the trial, so she was found innocent. Now she is using the restraining order and the threat of arrest as blackmail to take full custody of our children despite me offering several reasonable alternatives involving joint custody. Can... Read more »

Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott
answered on May 31, 2021

It is not clear exactly where things currently stand. It sounds as if she assaulted you, was charged, went to a trial in which you failed to testify to the facts and she was found not guilty. She also obtained a restraining order against you prohibiting you from having contact with her or your... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Communications Law and Federal Crimes for Oregon on
Q: Is it legal to have audio surveillance at a restaurant?

The restaurant I work at installed surveillance cameras a few months ago. I just found out it also has audio surveillance. We were not informed they could listen to us. Is that legal?

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
answered on Jan 18, 2019

If everyone was told they were recording yes, otherwise it is illegal to recover conversations in Oregon without the consent of all parties, implied or otherwise.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Identity Theft, Landlord - Tenant and Social Security for Oregon on
Q: A woman took money from my daughter saying it was for rent for 1year what can we do

Soon after she took my daughter's money she kicked her out without notice or reimbursement and left my daughter homeless in a strange place. There is more but as you see it's a long story

Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott
answered on Nov 9, 2018

Assuming you can prove it, and it occurred in Oregon, your daughter simply needs to review everything in detail with a landlord-tenant attorney who practices in the same geographic area as the rental. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oregon on
Q: Does a bank have the authority to sale my land and home while I'm incarcerated and not inform me ?

I was incarcerated in sc for 9 months in 2004ish and I owed the bank $100,000.00. My home was almost built and was worth at the time $400,000.00 but when I got out it was gone. Was that legal or was it most likely sold for what I owed and someone just got a awesome deal or was there a way that the... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Oct 17, 2018

You need to have an attorney look into this ASAP. There are many obstacles that must be satisfied, plus additional ones if you were in jail, to foreclose in property. If you were not notified, you may have a claim.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: Is it legal for a court to not have any working phone lines? Asking for grounds for a law suit.

A court an hour and a half from me that I have a debt with lists three different phone numbers to call them at but all three numbers when called say either "your call cannot be completed at this time" or "this number has been disconnected". I can't take time off work to... Read more »

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Aug 13, 2018

Be careful.

That sounds like a typical scam.

Read up on them,

There cannot be a contempt of court without a judgment

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Oregon on
Q: What can do if my ex-boyfriend video taped us having sex without my knowledge or consent?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Oct 9, 2017

You have a right to the image & or an order forbidding him to release it. However you'll likely have to pay the attorney to get to the order.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, International Law and Business Law for Oregon on
Q: I wish to know if buy brand new luxury cars for a dealer to export it to other countries legal or illegal?

I buy brand new luxury cars with the dealers money, then make commission out of it, The dealer send a transportation company to pick up the car. They then ship the car to other counties such as China, Africa, Europe. I want to know if its legal for me to be doing this without getting legal stuff or... Read more »

Jingzhan Wang
Jingzhan Wang
answered on Apr 10, 2018

For China, it's ok if you legally import it

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Domestic Violence, Federal Crimes and Juvenile Law for Oregon on
Q: Can my girlfriend file a restraining order against her mother's boyfriend?

My girlfriend (16) is currently living with her mother. Her mother recently got back together with her ex-boyfriend who cheated on her and abused the both of them for years. He also watched my girlfriend change her clothes when she was about 8 years old. He has recently been threatening to hit the... Read more »

Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott
answered on May 1, 2017

Your girlfriend may or may not qualify for a restraining order against the boyfriend. If she is living with Mom and her boyfriend, and there are both credible threats of repeat violence she may qualify. One potential problem, though, is that she is underage and would need someone 18 or older to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Oregon on
Q: Where can I find a case number for a current casein the federal circuit court in Portland, OR ?
William E. Scully Jr.
William E. Scully Jr.
answered on Mar 28, 2014

Sure! Plug the term, "PACER" into Google. PACER stands for Public Access to Court Electronic Records. You will have to register for an account. Registration alone doesn't cost you, but if you download any documents it will cost about $.08 per page. Once you register you can go... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Oregon on
Q: What can be done when a defendent has dementia, irreversible and untreatable whose attorney is pressuring to take a plea

78 year old defendent in a Federal criminal case has dementia, heart disease, prostate cancer and COPD. Physical conditions severely limit time he can spend with attorney but worse, his dementia prevents him from processing/comprehending,remembering and retaining information. Volumes of medical... Read more »

Troy Pickard
Troy Pickard
answered on Feb 12, 2013

You should probably trust your attorney. But, if you are convinced that your attorney is wrong to not consider some sort of diminished capacity defense or the fact that the defendant is unable to understand the proceedings, you should think about hiring another attorney and mental health... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.