Government Contracts Q&A by State

Your current state is Virginia

US Territories

  • Puerto Rico

Show More States »

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Government Contracts Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts, Land Use & Zoning, Estate Planning and Real Estate Law for Wisconsin on
Q: we bought a property the rental of the land was not included in with the bill of sale do we have to honor the contract?

Nothing was signed by us and we didn't even know it existed. we waited for wheat to be done being harvested and now want to get rid of them so that we can plant our trees.

Nina Whitehurst
Nina Whitehurst answered on Jul 24, 2021

Your question cannot be answered without more information. Is there a written lease agreement? You will need to get a copy of that. Have you tried talking to the tenant about his intentions? Did the seller represent that there were no leases?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability, Government Contracts and Military Law for Kansas on
Q: Yes I have a question about my case Kolbek v. 3m company. Case number 7:2021cv9491. Filed March 5th 2021 the judges nam

M. Casey Rogers in result of the 3 M earplugs lawsuit personal injury. Product liability. So I have not heard a word on this issue and my tinnitus is getting worse with partial hearing loss.

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jul 6, 2021

A Kansas attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for the suffering you're experiencing. If you're represented by counsel here, they would be in the best position to answer. Without knowing the particulars of your case, a general feature of many... Read more »

Q: Can congress form a city in a state by overriding state and local government
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Jun 26, 2021

This question could be beyond the scope of this forum. Congress does have certain enumerated powers granted under Article I, which include collecting taxes, paying debts, providing for the common defense and general welfare, borrowing on the credit of the United States, regulating commerce, etc.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Public Benefits for Tennessee on
Q: So I am a tannate at a local apartment complex and we are getting fined and asked to take down patriotic flags. Thought?

Can they do this? this is the terms of the lease

"1. No signs, notices or advertisements shall be attached to or displayed by Lessee(s) on or about said premises.

2. Nothing shall be placed or kept on the outer sill or on the outside of any window and nothing shall be thrown... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 17, 2021

File a protest, and also notify the press, the American legion and the Tennessee Civil Liberties Union.

If enough press is thrown on this, could make them back down.

Note however patriotic would be the American Flag. Signs promoting one candidate or belittling another are not in...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Government Contracts and Landlord - Tenant for Michigan on
Q: I recieve services through macomb county mi hud housing. In mid april, my landlord gave me a 30 day notice. He was expec

I recieve services through macomb county mi hud housing. In mid april, my landlord gave me a 30 day notice. He was expecting me to be moved by mid may, however, since hud had paid through the end of may, he said i could stay till may 31st. On may 20th my landlord and i signed a mutual... Read more »

Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers answered on May 24, 2021

Unless other facts exist, I don't see why the May 20th agreement would not be binding. By accepting you as a tenant with HUD services, your landlord is obligated to follow their protocol.

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability and Government Contracts for Georgia on
Q: So my boyfriend bottle a bottle of asprin and there not there zolpidem tartrate extended release which is prescription

He has been taking them for his headache and he has been so sleepy barely keep his eyes open and when he sits down hes out he works on machinery and welds this could have been turned into an accident if not had realized it was differnt meds he took one yesterday and couldnt get up and go to work... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on May 10, 2021

A Georgia attorney could answer best, but your post remains open for two weeks. From the description here, it isn't fully clear how the zolpiden tartrate and aspirin got mixed up. I'm glad your boyfriend is okay and nothing serious came of the mix-up. You could reach out to a Georgia... Read more »

Q: Good Afternoon, Recently got denied a fireworks license renewal. Been there since 2012.

Need to be open asap. Looking for a lawyer familiar with the NFPA 1124 and With the Michigan and the Bureau of Fire Services

Michael Zamzow
Michael Zamzow answered on May 5, 2021

Contact an attorney about this.

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Business Law, Constitutional Law and Government Contracts for New York on


V. Jonas Urba
V. Jonas Urba answered on Apr 27, 2021

Employment applications are invitations to be considered for employment. They are not contracts nor do they guarantee that someone will be considered for a job. Many require certifications that accurate, complete, and truthful information is being provided under penalties of perjury.

Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Government Contracts and Criminal Law for Florida on
Q: Received a sanction from parole, my parole officer asked me come in soon to get my new sanction is he going drug test
Henry George Ferro
Henry George Ferro answered on Apr 20, 2021

You are on parole and anyone would reasonably assume that you could be drug tested...Either way, you failure to comply with the parole officer may well subject you to further problems...

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Election Law, Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Public Benefits for Florida on
Q: My ex stated that she “had dirt” on me after I asked her to stop communicating with me. What can I do?

I stated today that I no longer wished to continue communication with my Ex. She stated that she did not plan on it so I took that as an agreement. I stated that if she continued communication I would pursue legal action and she said that she “had dirt on me too” when I never stated that I... Read more »

Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron answered on Mar 15, 2021

You asked if it's a threat, but not all threats are illegal. If she is merely saying or implying, "If you sue me, bad things about you will be revealed", there's nothing unlawful about that threat. Of course, if she makes false statements to third parties that are damaging to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Business Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for California on
Q: My LLC got & spent $48k EIDL, but I'm now out of business & can't repay. If I dissolve b4 payment is due can I get out?

It's a business of one. The EIDL/SBA contract lists my LLC as the borrower but it's my name as the authorized signer and manager of the biz. Biz has no assets or collateral. If I close the biz can they come after me personally to repay EIDL? To get out of paying is there anything I must... Read more »

Julie King
Julie King answered on Mar 2, 2021

You cannot dissolve the LLC unless you can swear under penalty of perjury that it owes no debts. But the answer to your question will depend on the language in the loan documentation you signed. That is your contract. A lawyer would have to guess what your documents say in order to answer your... Read more »

Q: I don't believe there is a process for federal referendum or initiatives?

For instance where the initiative process enables citizens to bypass their state legislature by placing proposed statutes and, in some states, constitutional amendments on the ballot. - If you started at the state level could the citizens create legislation to have a federal referendum/initiative... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Feb 7, 2021

It doesn’t work that way. There are two separate systems: the federal system, and the state system. There is no federal analog to an initiative process. It is not possible to begin an initiative process in the state and then have it transfer over to the federal level. The United States... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for Tennessee on
Q: Im just starting learning about state funds and surplus funds. I am looking for some legal advice on how the state work

I am trying to get Any information on if I need a license And how can I get a contract made What is the full process

Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills answered on Dec 18, 2020

Your query is not clear. What are you trying to obtain a license for? Contact a local attorney for assistance.

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts and Real Estate Law for California on
Q: in simpler terms , what is an adjudication hearing

what is adjudication hearing of a property or parcel of land that is need of cleaning that authorizes Board of Supervisors to re enter the property for a period of 1 year after hearing without any further hearing

Yelena Gurevich
Yelena Gurevich answered on Nov 20, 2020

it is a hearing where a decision/ judgment/ order is made

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law, Elder Law and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: Can public housing move me to a handicap apartment and I'm not handicap?
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron answered on Nov 19, 2020

You have not specified why that would be harmful to you. I would imagine that an apartment for the handicapped would have more benefits than a regular apartment, not less (for example, a larger bathroom and being on the ground floor), but I have no familiarity with it. You also have not specified... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Government Contracts and Public Benefits for Texas on
Q: Could you clarify how/why the minority of the Court favours an economic model of state paternalism / social democracy?

This is regarding the Supreme court case, Lochner v. New York, 198 U.S. 45 (1905)

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Nov 9, 2020

There's considerable discussion and material on this case online. It could take some effort to narrow the issues down to the specific manner outlined in the description above. One starting point could be the U.S. Supreme Court's blog -... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Government Contracts on
Q: Can the owner of the car I have a bill of sale for repossess my car?

There’s nothing about repossession if failure to meet payment date. And there’s no payment date on bill of sale

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Oct 13, 2020

A South Carolina attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a month. As a general matter, private individuals aren't generally set up to do that; it's more a process exercised by institutional entities. It's more practical and economical for private individuals to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Business Formation, Business Law, Contracts and Government Contracts for Florida on
Q: I want to source hvac units and resell them to licensed installers locally. Am I able to sell them legally w/o license?

I would sell them to local small businesses that do ac repair and need hvac units for their customers. I do not have a license and wanted to know if I legally needed one to be able to buy and sell hvac in FL

Keith Kanouse
Keith Kanouse answered on Oct 7, 2020

I don't think you need a license from the Construction Industry Licensing Board but you would need an occupational license. You should also form an S corporation or LLC to protect you and have the manufacturer cover you under its product liability insurance..

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Government Contracts for California on
Q: I am a staff psychiatrist in one of the state hospitals in California. I want to work as a contractor with another state

hospital. I was told I have to wait 2 years after I resign from my current job in order to apply as a contractor with the state hospital. How is this legal? I am not involved in any negotiations, planning, arrangements or any policy-making relevant to physician contractors. My current job is as a... Read more »

Neil Pedersen
Neil Pedersen answered on Sep 25, 2020

California strongly protects employees' rights to move from one job to another, and prohibits such as a restraint of trade. Any attempt to do what your present employer is trying to do is a violation of Business and Professions Code section 16600.

It would be wise for you to seek out...
Read more »

View More Answers

Q: I’m about to go to boot camp but I have a pending civil court case for a car accident. Will I be able to go to BC?

Does boot camp qualify the trial to be put on “stay” status?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Sep 14, 2020

A Texas attorney should advise, but your question remains open for two weeks. Until you are able to consult with a Texas attorney with time looming, you could check with the judge's clerk on your case. Based on your description, it sounds like a note of issue has been filed and that you may be... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.