Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Civil Rights Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Louisiana on
Q: Can a prosecutor in your criminal case be good friends with your accuser and tell your family that?

She told them that she hopes he does die in jail that she wants to give him 25 years and send him to hunts.. The accuser is her good friends.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Louisiana on
Q: Who would you contact about being constantly harassed in your home ?

After contacting local law enforcement who would you call

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: How long does it take to get charges dropped, after getting bailed out, if you have not got your first court date?

someone i know got arrested and they still haven't went to court for those charges or got any paperwork on a court date.

will their charges get dropped and how long till they do?

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh answered on Jan 4, 2022

You do not indicate the date of arrest and the charge arrested. When you made bail, you were most likely advised and signed something that you would go to court upon notice. Depending on how much time has passed, the system just may not have gotten to you. I would check with the Court and your... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: Is someone’s civil rights taken away if she is not allowed to tell her side of the incident? The police refused her.

My daughter was attacked by three women, and she was not able to press charges because one of the perpetrators may have premeditated the attack and had assistance from someone who works for the sheriff department. There is more details to the narrative, but this is just the main idea of what... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: I'm being wrongfully sued for defamation because of a blog about a doctor. They have the wrong person though.

The other defendant has been found and admitted to everything. I don't understand why I'm still being sued. I'm being sued over someone else's content. Her content isn't even defamatory because I can verify it from firsthand experience. This is a legally frivolous doctor... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Civil Rights and Health Care Law for Louisiana on
Q: Must I abide to details of a listing agreement?

I was ordered to sign a listing agreement for the partition of co-owned property. I signed the agreement but it has been one month and I have not shown the house due to COVID concerns. I just received a Motion for Contempt. I don’t know if that puts me in contempt since the order only stated I... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Nov 30, 2021

You need to agree to requested showings. The CDC concluded that surface transmission was low. Get vaccinated. You can require that anyone looking at the house wear a mask and stay outside yourself until the showing is over. If not, you can be held in contempt.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Medical Malpractice for Louisiana on
Q: In Louisiana during CEC inpatient, can a Doctor violate the directive of a Med POA and administer Abilify Maintena?

We knew in advance of an ER trip that medications were inducing hallucinations for my significant other (S.O.), after stopping them twice in a week by stopping the medications. S.O. was ignored by hospital, PEC'd to a mental health facility, who ignored the claims, then CEC'd. Facility... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Nov 1, 2021

You should have gotten your own expert psychiatrist that you could now call to intervene.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Traffic Tickets for Louisiana on
Q: Can police ticket someone whose license plate is obscured by wheelchair ramp
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II answered on Sep 22, 2021

Yes, the ramp must be installed so that it does not obscure the license plate, or the plate has to be moved so it is not obscured by the ramp.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights, Elder Law and Patents (Intellectual Property) for Louisiana on
Q: cost per year for a person being a curator for an interdicted person.

I am in need of a new curator to handle my money affairs as my present curator =daughter will not let me near my money=assets!

Who or what kind of company can take over this position? If a new curator can take over then about how much will this cost me the interdicted person?

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Aug 20, 2021

A bank, CPA, relative or attorney can be appointed as your Curator. There is no set fee.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Louisiana on
Q: Could a minor elope?

Legally, if my research has been correct, one can get engaged at any age. However, I am getting mixed answers when it comes to marraige itself. Could someone between the ages of 16 and eighteen get married without parental consent (if one of the individuals parents both consent)?

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Aug 5, 2021

16 & 17 year olds need parental consent to marry.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Louisiana on
Q: What would happen if i moved out at 17 in Louisiana?

Note, all of this I want to do without them forcing me to come home. I am asking if i could do these things without them bringing me home.

I am currently 15, and my birthday is a few months away. My parents are emotionally abusive and have been for years, and they don't even treat me... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Aug 5, 2021

You can't move out without parental consent until you are 18.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Louisiana on
Q: could a person be charged with possession of a firearm if someone says you have one but the police didnt recover one
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Jul 31, 2021

The state will have a hard time making a felon in posession of a firearm case. if they have no firearm. Hire a criminal lawyer.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: I feel like Im running out of options on what I can motion or ask the judge to do, any suggestions.

Nutshell version. Me and my ex live in different parishes. No current custody agreement. She has lots of criminal charges for harassing and other related charges towards me. she has been arrested multiple times and currently wanted. She is dating a sheriffs deputy where she lives and his whole... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on Jul 12, 2021

Hire a custody lawyer.

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for Louisiana on
Q: My attorney filed this exparte art 3945 in divorce petition on April 29, 2020. Courts did not give me date til 6/22/20

I still have not seen or spoke to my little girl in over a year. Courts still did not see or hear any of my evidence to protect my child from her father and his son, mother, daughter who all abused my child.

My husband now has my little girl brainwashed... forcing her to lie about me to... Read more »

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh answered on May 17, 2021

I do not think you asked a question in your post and also, you have an attorney. You need to ask your questions to your attorney.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: I need help.My daughter is being punished by school on the word of one individual who was trying to get out of trouble n

Girl was high on THC and told investigators that my kid had contra band with no corroboration they questioned and searched here she did have a dap pen but was never asked about it just what she new about said girl and the briwnies

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux answered on May 12, 2021

Your daughter had contraband at school. Another kid blew her in. Call an education lawyer.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: I was charged in 2016. My arraignment was in 2017. My last court date was 1/10/2019. I've been on a continue w/o date

I haven't been to court since. I been trying to contact my lawyer but she never returns my call. The Clerk of Court, D.A. office, and the I.D.B. board all tell me to get in touch with my lawyer. Who doesn't return my calls. I been calling every month since 2/2019. What can I do to resolve... Read more »

J. Heath Dillon
J. Heath Dillon answered on Apr 26, 2021

Consider going to your appointed attorney's office to request an office visit. Also consider contacting the district public defender's office (the office that appointed your public defender) to request that your public defender contact you. You likely received written correspondence... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: Is it legal for my employer to backdate and ADA accommodation

I asked my employer through their third-party administrator for an ADA accommodation once I go back to work they ignored 5x I called him out on it so they are pretending as if I asked for leave of absence as an accommodation and Backdated it as if it was approved the whole time is this illegal

Kyle Anderson
Kyle Anderson answered on Mar 31, 2021

Hi, more information is needed here. This does not sound illegal, but rather, beneficial to you. If they are allowing you to have time off as an accommodation, it should not count against you for any absence related discipline. If you are having trouble with a request for accommodation outside of a... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for Louisiana on
Q: I was injured during the ice storm after being unlawfully evicted from our residence.

This is kind of a two part question. One is what I would call an unlawful eviction and the other is that I injured myself while being forced to vacate our home during the ice storm. On Feb 4th 2021 the Marshall posted on the premise a notice for use to be in court on Feb 11th. He never knocked on... Read more »

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Apr 18, 2021

A Louisiana attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for four weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal and your injuries. At this point, your best option might be to reach out to local attorneys to discuss. You could use the link above (Find-a-Lawyer), or you could search on your own.... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.