Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Maryland Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Maryland on
Q: If a creator on OnlyFans agrees to give me content but I have to use the tipping feature, but they keep the money

So I use OnlyFans and on there you can ask for something custom, generally, people would use the tip feature for payments on custom videos. Some creators tell people that they'll make a custom video but they have to pay using the tip feature, but when the buyer sends the money the creator... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Maryland on
Q: Am I on the hook to use my inheritance money to pay my mother's bills when I signed nothing and am not the executor?

I recently inherited 50% (less than $3.5k) of my deceased mother's pay on death (POD) checking and savings accounts. I received nothing else. My older sister, who received 50% of the bank balance and is the executor of the estate, wants me to use my inherited money to pay the bills from my... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Maryland on
Q: Virginia courts. Civil personal injury lawsuit. Meaning of "service. Rtn Va Assoc of Counties"?
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
answered on May 24, 2024

You have indicated the location as Maryland. Repost your question to Virginia attorneys listing the location as Virginia. A Virginia attorney should be able to answer your question.

0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law, Libel & Slander and Medical Malpractice for Maryland on
Q: Veterinarian adjusting dog's meds based on 3rd party info & neighbor's defamation

My dog is on trazadone, an anti-anxiety medication. Last week, I requested a refill and was told by the doctor that he is weaning the dog off Trazadone because another patient of his told him that my dog bit their dog. I do not know if this is true or not yet. But the doctor acted on this... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law and Land Use & Zoning for Maryland on
Q: I sold my house last year. Can the new owners' insurance co request that I pay for a claim that THEY made 11 mos later?

Hello, I'm wondering if you can help with a problem we're having. We sold our house last year, and now 11 months later, we've received a letter in the mail stating that we owe $25,000 because of a building code violation on the property. The letter was from a title insurance company... View More

Thomas C. Valkenet
Thomas C. Valkenet
answered on May 22, 2024

The answer is "it depends." It depends on the terms of your contract. Also, some title insurers slip in a form for seller signature that reads "you are inducing us to sell a policy of title insurance to the buyers..."

We never let our clients sign this. It creates a duty...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Collections for Maryland on
Q: How can I get not paid rent from a tenant after eviction?

I got the judgement in my favor for eviction. But the tenant had not paid a large sum of money. They have left how can I find their current address and ask them to pay the rent due.

Leonard A Englander
Leonard A Englander
answered on May 17, 2024

You will need to file suit against the Tenant to collect the amounts owed.

1 Answer | Asked in Legal Malpractice, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Maryland on
Q: How do I take legal actions again a Doctor who did my cosmetic surgery for medical reasons I allowed him to do a second

surgery to fix what he did on the first surgery. It's still really messed up

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on May 22, 2024

A Maryland attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. Your first step could be to try to arrange a free initial consult with a law firm. In addition to your searches, there is a tab above, "Find a Lawyer." Local and state bar associations also have attorney... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts for Maryland on
Q: Can a restaurant be held liable for hosting an event by an company that fraudulently scammed people out of money?
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on May 16, 2024

It depends upon the particular facts and circumstances. Key information will be whether the restaurant sponsored and promoted the event, or whether the sponsors of the event simply reserved a room or tables at the restaurant as a place to hold the event.

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Maryland on
Q: I was able to settle for a larger amount before I hired a lawyer. Will I b able to renegotiate directly ?

I feel that with the lawyer involved. My net settlement is lower than the initial settlement

Will the insurance company renegotiate directly with a better settlement

Or will they low ball me ? Now that I got rid of the lawyer and back again directly

What are the pros and... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Maryland on
Q: I'm in Ohio and my daughter is in Maryland visiting a friend for the summer. She was admitted to the hospital there

For psychological services and now they won't let her talk to the family she's staying with. Can I have her released over the phone?

0 Answers | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Civil Litigation for Maryland on
Q: Can the humane society euthanize service dogs?

My 2 registered service dogs were at a family members house until I secured new housing. Without my knowledge, they were taken to human society in Baltimore county and euthanized right away. Without notice, and no attempts to contact me from the family member or humane society when I’m the... View More

2 Answers | Asked in International Law for Maryland on
Q: If a US citizen dies in the country of origin, can US citizen children claim the property in that country, Bangladesh ?
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 12, 2024

The ability of a U.S. citizen to inherit property in Bangladesh from a deceased parent who was a citizen of Bangladesh depends on several factors, including Bangladeshi inheritance laws and the specific circumstances of the case. Here are a few key points to consider:

1. Bangladeshi...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland on
Q: Can you get points on your license from a moving radar ticket?

In Maryland

Lee Eidelberg
Lee Eidelberg
answered on May 8, 2024

Points do not transfer for routine speeding tickets incurred in Maryland to a Pennsylvania driver's record.

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Maryland on
Q: I work for private doctor's office. Can they make an employee use vacation time for a lunch time that you do not get

paid for when you work, when you are on vacation?

Kenesha A Raeford
Kenesha A Raeford
answered on May 15, 2024

If you have an employment contract that will be the first place you will want to look for the answer. In Maryland, employers are not required to give you a lunch break unless you a minor (under 18 years of age). Maryland employers are also not required to issue you benefits like paid or unpaid... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Maryland on
Q: I have been divorced for 17 years, but as part of my Divorce, my ex-husband was to provide Rehabilitative Alimony in t

I have a question about petition for contempt for Alimony for a divorce case over 15 years ago. I had a brain tumor, so I couldn't file earlier. I know there are statue of limitation for Judgements, but could my health issues override it?

0 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents and Libel & Slander for Maryland on
Q: What would be considered negligence at a tire rep shop After an inspection they missed a major issue. Fam in dang bec

Tire hit curb. Brought in and installed 4 tires said they did inspection but found nothing. After a month the front two tires were bald and about to explode. Brought in again and they realized they missed a bent rotor which caused the car alignment to be so out of wack that is caused the tires... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Banking for Maryland on
Q: Does the dawer of a negotiable instrument such as a check have the right to get the amount even if it’s not in the acc?

A bill of exchange such as a check is payable on demand and if it isnt, the bank is obligated to pay it according to the Bill of Exchange correct?

Kenesha A Raeford
Kenesha A Raeford
answered on May 15, 2024

In your specific example, with a check, the answer is almost always no. I don't know of any bank that would issue payment to a check payee when there are insufficient funds in the account. When a customer sets up an account with the bank they usually sign an agreement that entitles them to be... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.