Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oregon Gov & Administrative Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Elder Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Health Care Law for Oregon on
Q: Can an HOA in Oregon refuse to install a mailbox at the residence of a disabled elderly person?

All paperwork frm doctor and postmaster have been forwarded and HOA refusing to install when other members elderly members in community have mailbox at their home as opposed to community mailbox. Subject is 84 yrs and cannot walk without sever pain and assistance. This has been ongoing for 2 years.... Read more »

Theressa Hollis
Theressa Hollis answered on Jun 27, 2021

I recommend you have the senior contact Bend Legal Aid for assistance: (541) 385-6950

Likely the senior will need to install the mailbox or mail slot at their home and inform the Postal Service.

2 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law, Tax Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Oregon on
Q: The lien is not on the deeds it's on the owner's name that attaches to his assets who owned multiple real properties

The owner is deceased and his probate is a limited judgment the PR can't sell or transfer the titles without court approval. There are co-owners on one title that can't sell their interest due to this limited judgment on one probate co-owner. The probate refuses to dismiss the co-owners... Read more »

D. Mathew Blackburn
D. Mathew Blackburn answered on Jan 18, 2020

Sounds like you should hire someone to help you with that.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Gov & Administrative Law, Small Claims and White Collar Crime for Oregon on
Q: If my employer takes money out of my check for a draw and there's no signed document giving permission can I ask 4 it b

Can I make him pay it back and can I make him pay back all money taken out of my checks this way ? If so how far back can I make him pay me? He wasn't showing draws on my check stubs for two years . He was taking hours away from my pay to pay himself back. I demanded he pay my hours and show... Read more »

William Jaksa
William Jaksa answered on Sep 2, 2019

He could be breaking the law, BUT it sounds more like a small claims or employment matter. That being said, there are some things that you need to consider. There doesn't need to be a written and signed document for you and your employer to have an agreement, but that is always best. You could... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Gov & Administrative Law for Oregon on
Q: How do recreational statutes work? If I'm injured in a state park, does that shield the state from all liability to pay

my medical bills?

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Dec 4, 2018

Depends on how you were injured, as in whose fault was it. Be careful, you have to send a tort claim notice within 180 days of the injury though.

4 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Wrongful Death, Personal Injury and Gov & Administrative Law for Oregon on
Q: Are there any personal injury attorneys licensed and familiar with practice in BOTH arizona AND oregon?

My dad was murdered in lake havasu city, AZ, I live in OR..OR doesnt really help because the crime wasnt committed here, AZ has done very little more than make me feel even more confused, alone, lost, rejected, wrong for needing help/having questions & having absolutely no idea of what i can or... Read more »

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Sep 12, 2018

There probably is, but it would be time consuming to find those few who do. That said, you do not need an Oregon attorney, you need an AZ one that does wrongful death. Just do a Google search for wrongful death attorney in the closest bigger city and then make some calls.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: Is it legal for a court to not have any working phone lines? Asking for grounds for a law suit.

A court an hour and a half from me that I have a debt with lists three different phone numbers to call them at but all three numbers when called say either "your call cannot be completed at this time" or "this number has been disconnected". I can't take time off work to... Read more »

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin answered on Aug 13, 2018

Be careful.

That sounds like a typical scam.

Read up on them,

There cannot be a contempt of court without a judgment

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Gov & Administrative Law for Oregon on
Q: Does the government have immunity if one of their employees hit me in a government-owned vehicle?
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Dec 29, 2017

No. You will have a personal injury lawsuit just like you would in any type of car accident, but you have to do what is called a tort claim notice if the government agency is an Oregon State or Local Agency and that notice needs to be sent out within 180 days of the accident or you lose your... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning, Family Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Real Estate Law for Oregon on
Q: father passed away his wife became executor. I live out of state executor sends paperwork.. cont

sends paperwork for me to sign stating property appraised at $40.000 I look in county records find property valued at $80.000 collusion??? how do I address courts about this.what motion must I file to have executor removed and oldest son become executor?

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman answered on Jun 12, 2017

It is not clear if you reside in Oregon, or if you reside elsewhere and this probate is taking place in Oregon. But just understand that county records that are for property tax purposes may not reflect the proper value of the real estate. I would try looking on a commercial website such as... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Oregon on
Q: police liability

homeless people broke into my vacant home. When I discovered this I called police to remove them. They claimed some story about a craigslist scam when police talked to them. Oregon law states I am required to post a 24 hour notice to criminal trespassers which I did and was nice enough to allow... Read more »

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Mar 14, 2017

Unlikely you would prevail against the police on this, as they did not do the damage. If you have insurance, file a claim. If the claim is accepted, your insurance company my go after the police in subrogation if they think there is a case.

View More Answers

Q: multi family apartment federally funded, are they required to have a accessable unit?

tenant became disabled & is in a wheelchair,he needs transfer to lower unit w/ mobility features.

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens answered on Dec 9, 2016

See the last portion of this article:

Then call the number listed for Fair Housing.

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Gov & Administrative Law for Oregon on
Q: If a lawsuit is filed as a tort case, can the judge relabel it as another type of case?

The judge declared the case as not a tort, despite multiple (uncontested) tortuous acts.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 12, 2016

The judge is just that. Not knowing the background no one can say--but I suggest you ask your attorney. If you don't have one, then at least get a consultation. Sounds like the judge has ruled against you and you need to know & understand what is happening.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.