Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nebraska Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence and Municipal Law for Nebraska on
Q: What is assault on confined person no weapon mean exactly & what's can happen at court

Sorry it's assault by a confined person

0 Answers | Asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Nebraska on
Q: how do i answer a complaint to modify custody
0 Answers | Asked in Education Law for Nebraska on
Q: How do I fight truancy court in Nebraska with depression and anxiety? Fighting with school for drop forms to get ged.

Haven’t sent her to school for entire 3rd quarter. Tried to transfer scold was never told the school had 45 days to make a decision. School district is playing lots of games and not giving documentation to keep process going and now have a court date where they are threatening to remove her from... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Legal Malpractice for Nebraska on
Q: Can I sue my attorney for malpractice for promising a certain outcome, only for it not to be true?

In a family law case, my attorney promised that the most my sons grandmother would get for visitation was a couple phone calls each year and maybe a visit. My lawyer said she had tried cases before in front of this judge, and based on that, she could safely say my sons grandma would only get... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Nebraska on
Q: If I don’t dispute my ticket, do I have you pay anything else?

My boyfriend got a speeding ticket of $75 dollars. He wished to not dispute it because we live in the next town over. He paid it online (have receipt) and recently received a notice of needing to pay $50 in random other “fees”. One even adds on to the said ticket. Called the county office and... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for Nebraska on
Q: Minor child groped and fondled at work by adult shift manger

minor child was working for a very well known fast food chain- her adult male shift manager repeatedly groped her breasts & bottom, it was repeated to at least 4 managers one of which is a district manager who is his mom- he was not reprimanded at all even after reviewing several hours of... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Nebraska on
Q: Is it illegal to park a car facing the opposite direction on a residential street in Lincoln NE

I could not find anything saying that it's illegal or against the law

1 Answer | Asked in Insurance Bad Faith for Nebraska on
Q: I purchased a vehicle from a dealer didn’t know it is total loss! I had to do carfax in order to find it
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Mar 11, 2023

Obtaining a CarFax or similar report before purchasing a used car has become so common now, it is virtually expected.

When your mechanic did your pre-purchase inspection, did he report anything wrong with it affecting its operation?

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Nebraska on
Q: I received a non renewal notice prior to the Eviction court date that was dismissed Does it still lie

Basically I have I had got behind on red due to some funds coming out of my account That wasn't authorized but we were mine and in February Before The court date for the inviction we got a narrow new least notice what I'm asking is does that still apply even though the infection was... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Collections for Nebraska on
Q: How to get proof a car I sold was registered by purchaser in another state, to prove to tow collections I’m not owner?

Sold car in NE, guy registered it in Colorado. A vin search shows same. Tow collections are coming after me saying they can’t see it was registered in Co. It definitely was 100%. Can’t find a way to prove this as I can’t get information on car if it’s not legally mine

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Nebraska on
Q: Can you overturn or appeal a parole officer's sanctions/ Disciplinary actions against a parolee?

My husband was paroled w/o any restrictions Oct 20, 2022. My house was approved for his residence. He received a new parole officer in Dec (I believe) Dec 24th he lost his job. He went in and was honest with his PO told him that he smoked some meth it was just a mishap he just felt horrible losing... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Federal Crimes for Nebraska on
Q: Is it considered theft if I'm given the keys and told I could drive it in Nebraska?

The title was considered open title and the person made a statement with the police saying I didn't steal it but because of the open title they're saying that it doesn't matter since then the car has been sold to a junkyard and the state has picked up the chargers even after it was... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Small Claims for Nebraska on
Q: Got an air compressor on Facebook but didn't have money to pay the guy loaded them anyways said pay him later

Got them home and researched them found out its not worth anything and there is no way I can use it contacted the seller and said I can't use it I'm just going to bring it back he refuses to let me bring it back to him and says he is going to get the law involved if I don't pay him... Read more »

Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
answered on Mar 2, 2023

Unlike many businesses that allow free returns, you generally don't have the right to return an item you purchased from a private seller, absent fraud, etc. by the seller. If you have an agreement to pay for something you received, the Court will generally hold you to pay for it, even if you... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Libel & Slander for Nebraska on
Q: Should I sue my grandpa for emotional distress

He argues with me every day even when he is off work. When he went home he is hungry he will yell at me when he saw me but for all the time I don't do anything. I always help him translate something that he doesn't know or help him with anything. I moved to the US with my mom and my... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law and Civil Litigation for Nebraska on
Q: Can a munipality legally engage in a civil lawsuit against a church ?

The city attorney for the city of north platte has pursued a lawsuit against a church to the point of obtaining a court order to demolish the church owned building due to surface damage to the church done by vandals removing siding and poking holes in the material under the siding. The church... Read more »

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith PRO label
answered on Mar 2, 2023

It is possible for a municipality to engage in a civil lawsuit against a church, just as it is possible for any entity to engage in a civil lawsuit against another entity. However, whether the municipality's actions are legal and appropriate would depend on the specific facts and circumstances... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Adoption, Appeals / Appellate Law and Child Custody for Nebraska on
Q: Can cps take your children with doing an investigation or not having proof of allegations made against a parent?

Conflict of interest, cancelled visits, kids can't be placed with family. They can't have no contact outside the foster home

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Nebraska on
Q: Can I deny access to my property manager if they refuse to wear a mask and wants to take pictures of my apartment.

I received a notification on the 15th of this month stating that my management will be coming to my apartment to do a walk through inspection. When they got here on the 17th of this month today. The management women told me that they will be taking pictures of my unit and I told them I don’t feel... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Domestic Violence for Nebraska on
Q: Can the Victim of Abuse/Assault have their kids taken away?

Nebraska: Mother and 2 Children visited Aunty and the Father, who has a No Contact Order from the Mother, was there and assaulted the Mother. Now she fears that Social Services are going to take her kids away due to her getting hurt.

1 Answer | Asked in Copyright, Intellectual Property and Trademark for Nebraska on
Q: can I use "kidz Kinect" for a church children's worship program or is that trademark infringement ?
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith PRO label
answered on Feb 25, 2023

It is possible that "Kidz Kinect" could be a trademark that is owned by someone else for a similar or related product or service. To determine if using "Kidz Kinect" would be trademark infringement, you would need to conduct a trademark search to see if the name is already... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.