Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Kentucky Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Kentucky on
Q: What can be done about KFC employees making a false report to the police

KFC employees called police after we went thru the drive through and told police there was a gun in my car being pointed to the backseat at my son and granddaughter by me. We went thru paid for our food, stopped and parked as there was missing fries. My spouse went inside got the fries and sauce... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Civil Litigation and Construction Law for Kentucky on
Q: Contractor used cheaper materials?

Hired a local flooring company to install 2000 sq feet # 1 grade hardwood flooring which is outlined in contract. About six months later after countless attempts to get the warranty information also outlined in the contract and noticing excessive holes, knots and other defects that were visibly... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Probate for Kentucky on
Q: My father just passed away with no will. Can probate continue if son from previous marriage can’t be notified.

No one in my family knows where he lives or even if he still uses his last name. My brother and I haven’t seen him but once, over 40 years ago.

0 Answers | Asked in Small Claims for Kentucky on
Q: I'm 15 years old and months ago I bought a phone with MY money. Can my mother take and keep my phone?

I hid the phone from my mom and step dad because months ago I had my original phone taken and I didn't know how they would react. Fast forward my mom ended up finding out about the phone but she didn't really care until about a month ago. So around the middle of June I ended up getting... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Personal Injury for Kentucky on
Q: How can I estimate damages awards in my 42 U.S.C 1983 civil rights and personal injury case.

My federal civil rights case is in discovery phase of pretrial and I need to present an average estimate for damages awards for both physical and emotional injuries.

0 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant for Kentucky on
Q: Tenant/Landlord question

25 years ago my husband and I moved into a rental home in California and signed a month to month rental agreement. Unknown to us, a few years ago, our landlord transferred the property to his daughter, who we only knew (and she signed the rental agreement) as the manager of the property. We have... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Kentucky on
Q: My daughter is 17 and pregnant she is wanting to get emancipated she has been adopted but her guardian refuses basicneed

cps is there frequently but do nothing she has been moved out into a building made into a room there's no windows no bathroom no kitchen and a crappy window unit, she wakes up sweating and burning up. There's times she has went to use the bathroom and the house door is locked. She works... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Kentucky on
Q: Walmart employee returning shopping carts to bay pushed the whole row of shopping carts into my back, hip and leg.

Went to Walmart with family, went to get shopping cart and while getting it ready to put my daughter in it the cart return person pushed the row of shopping carts into my back, hip and leg. Filed an incident report with Walmart said they would call me in a couple days. Went to hospital to get... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Kentucky on
Q: I need advice on a lawyer/law firm I should get for a very complex hit and run case.

I have a very complex hit and run case. I have hired one law firm and they got "stuck" at a certain point, tried to refer me to a different law firm but they didn't even take the case, and I speak to my new law firm for now soon. In April this year I was a passenger in a cab and... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Child Support for Kentucky on
Q: Found out husband has a 43yr old girl, he never knew about. This person is threatening to sue for 18yr child support.

Mother died 2019. Girl discovered dad thru

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Kentucky on
Q: My son and girlfriend stayed with her parents for a couple months. They moved out leaving some furniture at their house.

Now the mother once to keep some of the furniture. This furniture is actually mine. I want to make a trip to pick up the furniture. Should l get a police escort.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Federal Crimes and Landlord - Tenant for Kentucky on
Q: I need attorney who can see how big of a case I have and help me do something about it? someone should have helped me

Not too long ago our circuit court clerk made national headlines when she violated a gay couple. They sued and won. The city had 2 pay 4 violating the constitutional rights of that couple. I said that 2 say this town won't change till theyreforced 2. despite me calling on every legal... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury for Kentucky on
Q: A case of wet cat food fell off a pallet on my foot that was in the middle of the isle at Walmart. I filed an accident

Report Immediately w/management. Foot bruised immediately after accident. Went to the doctor the next day. Been to the doctor a couple of other times over it. Now I’m to the point of not being able to put pressure on my foot when I walk. Went to the doctor today and doctor ordered X-rays and is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Kentucky on
Q: my boyfriends paid lawyer advised him wrong about a plea agreement deal to get him to sign. What should he do

my boyfriends paid lawyer advised him wrong about a plea agreement deal to get him to sign (told him they wpuld drop the PFO1 if he took 10 years at 20 percent, which was not the case. It was 10 years without possible probation/parole and charges were also enhanced by the PF01, which was also not... View More

Mr. Robert Z. Cashman
Mr. Robert Z. Cashman
answered on Jul 18, 2024

This seems like a serious question, and I recommend speaking to an attorney licensed to practice in Kentucky ASAP (Legal aid could probably work as well). The reason for this is even though you asked about malpractice, there could be steps your boyfriend could take to withdraw his guilty plea... View More

0 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Kentucky on
Q: In Kentucky, Can you add additional beneficiaries in probate if there is no will?

I am in Kentucky and my grandmother passed away. She raised me and wanted me to be included as a beneficiary in her estate but did not have a will. Will the probate court allow us to add me as a 3rd beneficiary (along with her 2 biological children as long as they agree)?

1 Answer | Asked in Foreclosure and Real Estate Law for Kentucky on
Q: If a person is on a deed after death of mortgage holder with no will, who is responsible if the loan defaults

The spouse was not on the deed (married 2 months) and another individual was added to deed. Mortgage has been paid 3 years following death of loan holder

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jul 17, 2024

Being a grantee on a deed does not make you liable for a mortgage indebtedness. Who signed that note or his estate will be liable for the loan.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Kentucky on
Q: Real estate law-if the deed to a house was transferred due to death of loan holder, but the mortgage is in the name of

the deceased (no will) but persons living in the property are on the deed and paying the mortgage, who is responsible to loan company if there is a default of the mortgage?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.