Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Washington Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Employment Law for Washington on
Q: Can I take my boss to court?They continue to retaliate against me for medical issues even when they are excused by A DR

I’ve been with this company 2.5 years. I worked 5+ days a week with the “best” and busiest shift. Then, I got covid. My boss continued to harass me to leave my quarantine to buy an at home test even though I provided a positive covid test from the DR 1 day before. When I refused to leave my... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: What do I do in this property dispute that has arises in the process of selling my house

The only driveway for the house sits on the property line and was agreed upon with the previous neighbors now I’m selling my place and the new neighbors who put in an offer for my place as well which was rejected is going and digging up the established driveway that has been there for the better... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Washington on
Q: How to file motion

In regards to having traffic infractions waived if only income is ss disability

Antone Alfred Weber
Antone Alfred Weber
answered on Aug 5, 2022

If the violation is found committed, they will want the entire fine. I have never heard of the fines being waived due to an inability to pay, although judges and prosecutors can be sympathetic. Many court (but not all) will offer a chance to pay fines through community service, such as... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Consumer Law and Collections for Washington on
Q: I need to answer a "prejudgment writ of garnishment". What forms do i need to file?

I have forms to answer a writ of garnishment but it asks me to admit or deny numbered paragraphs on the summons. In the prejudgment writ there was no summons so what is the proper form(s) to file an answer on this?

0 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Collections for Washington on
Q: How do i answer a "prejudgment wit of garnishment" in washington state?

I can only find forms to answer a standard writ of garnishment but since theres no summons there are no paragraphs to admit or deny on the forms.

1 Answer | Asked in Land Use & Zoning and Real Estate Law for Washington on
Q: We recently bought land and the neighbor thinks he owns part of the land even though he doesn't, we had it surveyed

he insists on it being his and is threatening us with legal action and calling the cops saying we're trespassing.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
answered on Aug 5, 2022

Hire a very competent WA attorney to file a Boundary Line Action, Quiet Title, Ejectment, etc. Time may be critical because of Acquiesence to a physical boundary.

Q: I was wrongfully convicted and want to file a 1983 lawsuit to collect damages. What type of litigation attorney me?

4 Convictions Vacated for Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance. Time in custody and supervision. Loss of earning power. Loss of Retraining Dollars in the amount of $18,600. Loss of Home, children, and property.

0 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation for Washington on
Q: Hello, Can I be part of the civil lawsuit against the former President?

I feel every American should be able to sue for damages, since it’s our building that was attacked. I am willing to start a class action suit, if it’s possible.

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Washington on
Q: Paid for a water truck from state DOT prior to covid outbreak Over 2yrs. now I find out they gt rid of it

Brokered a deal to buy a water truck prior to covid outbreak from state DOT. Then the state shut down. When the state opened back up I still didn't get my water truck or money back

It's been over two years now and I find out that it was gotten rid of. And now they tell me I can... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Small Claims for Washington on
Q: I loaned a person $16,800 so their vehicle would not stay repossessed and have proof how can I file in WA state?

I have proof of the loan through text message and wired the money from my bank to the individuals and have proof. The individual agreed to pay back the amount within 6 months. It has now been over 4 months with not a single payment made and the individual has now made it clear they don’t plan to... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Washington on
Q: How much compensation can i claim if my biopsy sample test service is interrupted and caused extra cost?

I engaged with a bio company to have my biopsy sample tested. I paid to the bio company for testing, the bio company paid to the shipping company. To get a new biopsy, I had to repeat 3 weeks of medical procedures which is a huge physical and mental pain in addition to the financial loss. The bio... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Municipal Law for Washington on
Q: physically and verbally attacked by my attorney. Put in jail, out on bail, for not calling him in a timely fashion.

Called 911 to press charges. Nothings been done after I gave report. Aug2nd will ask for continuance for new attorney. Afraid if I ask ill go to jail. Need help spent money on bail, rent and bills.

0 Answers | Asked in Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Municipal Law for Washington on
Q: My attorney physically and verbally ATTACKED me in his office. I called the police to press charges need help by Aug. 2

i have a concern for my safety and my liberties. i have court for driving on suspended 3rd. July 5th was my first court date i was asked by the judge if i spoke to my attorney. i had called DAC she said there isnt a DAC & was assigned at my arraignment, I had no such hearing. Then she assigned... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Washington on
Q: Do I have ground to stand on in fighting a failure to yield ticket?

My wife was turning onto the highway from a side road. The other vehicle had his blinker on to turn on that road and was slowing down and starting to turn. My wife pulled out. The man realized he was at the wrong road, turned off his blinker, and turn back into the road, striking my wife. The state... Read more »

Antone Alfred Weber
Antone Alfred Weber
answered on Aug 1, 2022

First of all, it is very likely that the other driver gave a very different story. It therefore becomes a question of "They said" vs "They said." It sounds like your wife was either at a stop sign or otherwise had to yield, so the office wrote her for that violation without... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Land Use & Zoning for Washington on
Q: if someone makes a complaint about your property does the person have to live some what close to you?

i have someone 20 miles away from me making a complaint. is that legal?

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets and Appeals / Appellate Law for Washington on
Q: Started appeal n superior court 1 year ago against DOL-WA and never followed through. Now I'm denied HTO hearing because

They said I have to withdraw my appeal before I can get a new HTO hearing. My appeal was for them taking my license 2 days after I got it saying it was given to me in error. I wasn't supposed to be able to get it yet. Is that legal for them to deny my request for a hearing

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Land Use & Zoning for Washington on
Q: My neighbor parked his trailer in my lot. What can I do to stop him?

I live in Ohio and own a building lot in the state of Washington. Recently, a friend in Washington told me that the neighbor next to my lot parked his trailer in my lot and started mowing my lawn. What can I do to stop him? Thanks for any information.

0 Answers | Asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law for Washington on
Q: Failure to make mediation payment plan.

I recently went through mediation.  The person that owes me the money failed the payment plan that mediation setup and now the court awarded me that this person must now pay $150 additional amount plus any lawyer fees for the balance that she still owes me $3484.00 + $150.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.