Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Tax Law Questions & Answers
0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for New York on
Q: If i win $10k on a skills gaming app am I tax liable for only the amount allowed to withdrawal or the entire amount?

I currently have a large amount of winnings on a skills based gaming app where you wager and go head to head against a competitor choosing an A or B answer where the winner takes both wagers minus the platform fee. The issue I have is they are currently only allowing me to withdraw $100 per week.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Products Liability and Tax Law for Pennsylvania on
Q: If a post office was to forward you letters about your stimulus payment but return the payments to the sender would it

Be considered mail tampering. I have received the letter 1444c three times to my forwarded address but they returned the payment for the notice three times they know what they are doing and I want to know if I could perhaps file a complaint against that post office or whoever is in charge ect.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Oct 14, 2021

No. They are not supposed to forward certain things. You need to be sure that the IRS and the government have your proper address. Discuss this with your Congressperson--they have information on how you can get your payments.

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Oklahoma on
Q: In oklahoma if I buy a motorcycle with expired tags will I be charged a penalty to get it tagged and titled in my name
Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on Oct 6, 2021

In order for the tag/title to be transferred it has to be brought up to current. Whether you pay that fee or the seller is up to you as the purchaser.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law and Tax Law for California on
Q: How to transfer Real Estate in North Hollywood, California - from 90 year old Mother/Parent Trust to 65 year old Son?

How best to transfer Real Estate in North Hollywood, California – from Mother/Trust to her Son.

Son lives onsite, rents the front house for $21,000/yr gross, no deductions, plus he receives SSI/SSA amounting to <$800/mo., and has Medicare/Medical health insurances

1. What are... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Divorce, Intellectual Property, Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Virginia on
Q: How is properties divided if you bought real estate during the marriage and you are paying the mortgage but your wife on

The deed how to calculate and how do you calculate a year of spousal support and my wife and I are on timeshare and credit cards. Do we split down the middle

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning and Tax Law for Michigan on
Q: What would happen to my mother if she added her grandson to a house title and he would give her $40,000 cash
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers answered on Oct 4, 2021

Nothing; although there may be some unpleasant consequences down the road to your mother's estate or what other family members expect to happen.

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for Texas on
Q: What is the last day a person pay the judgment of a tax lien suit before the sale ?

If the judgment was for multiple properties, can the property owner pay the taxes and costs for just one property or do they have to pay the past due taxes on all the properties?


1 Answer | Asked in Real Estate Law, Tax Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Ohio on
Q: Wtf does this mean

So I quit claim deed was given to me 7 years ago and I've been going through a divorce for almost that amount of time and it was just finalized a week ago Thursday and I went to file and paid the convenience fees and the recording fees but something wasn't on the deed a number I... Read more »

Andrew Popp
Andrew Popp answered on Oct 4, 2021

You need to sit down with an attorney in your area so he or she can take a detailed look at your situation. This issue is going to be to involved for an answer on this forum.

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law on
Q: IRS agreed to return me the extra tax they collected. But later they closed my case without sending money

IRS agreed to return me the extra tax they collected. But later they closed my case without sending money

0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for Georgia on
Q: Do I need both of my side mirrors to drive ?
0 Answers | Asked in Tax Law for Texas on
Q: What rights does my mother have? My mom purchased property in 2001.The owner sold it with delinquent taxes owed.

The owner is now deceased and the property taxes are aorund $8,000 to $9,000 dollars. My mother has a receipt that states paid in full $3000, the property address and the deceased party's name. The deceased party children stated that it would not be an issue signing over said property but, now... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Tax Law for Maryland on
Q: Our mom died in March 2021, are her children required to file her taxes?

No one had power of attorney. My sister obtained letter of administration to handle the selling of her house.

Mark Oakley
Mark Oakley answered on Sep 28, 2021

Your sister, as Personal Representative of your mother's estate, has the legal obligations that go along with that office. One of those obligations is to file your mother's and the estate's tax returns, including any past years returns not filed. She can use the house proceeds... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.