Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oklahoma Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Is an employment contract voluntary? If so, how can it be considered voluntary if a failure to sign prevents employment?
Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on May 19, 2022

It is voluntary because you can voluntarily choose to not work there if you do not like the contract.

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can mother of 4 kids here in Oklahoma but not here legally get assistance to buy a house

Kids born here but mom doesn’t have tax I’d or papers. What does she need to get assistance or loan to purchase house

0 Answers | Asked in Copyright and Family Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I have these paper does that mean I can't get my kid if my baby daddy anit around

It just said I have a PC with my baby daddy that I can't go near him and it just says additional pendent which extra people around is my son but it doesn't say I have a PC on my son just my baby daddy

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Can I get a court order to take custody of a bipolar mental patient?

An adult with Bipolar mental disorder needs more and different professional help and is unable realize it.

Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on May 19, 2022

A guardianship of an incapacitated adult is possible however you will have to prove they are incapacitated and not capable of caring for themselves. Additionally they will have an opportunity to give their input at a hearing.

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: When coming to a stop sign are you required to signal 100 feet, when the car behind you has to stop anyways

I came to a stop sign, with the option of going left or right I signaled befor make a right hand turn just not 100 feet befor,

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta answered on May 20, 2022

Technically, state law requires one signal their intention to turn right or left by signaling continuously during not less than the last one hundred (100) feet traveled by the vehicle before turning - if other traffic will be affected by such movement. Municipal ordinances may be worded a little... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If a sex offenders has mental and physical disabilities do they have to take the polygraph?

The person had to take a plea deal of which plead no contest and currently is in classes with other sex offenders to modify and correct their behavior. The class booklet has made it so that this person cannot partake fully due to the plea of no contest, state of Oklahoma has the right to use any... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Oklahoma on
Q: My rights were terminated in NC 3 yrs ago Im now in Oklahoma can parental rights be restored, contact, anything and how

I also had another child since moving to Oklahoma and My fiancé had a case in NC we have done everything even a home study and approved fit stable loving environment Is there anything I can do I know I’m not aloud contact with them ether but my oldest Continues to reach out to me and i can’t... Read more »

Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on May 12, 2022

If your rights were terminated and the child was adopted to another then it is very rare that you can get rights restored. There are a couple exceptions but those are extremely hard to prove and validate. As such the other parents have ultimate say over their child. Contact an adoption attorney to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Oklahoma on
Q: my wifes sister wont sign a oil lease allowing the inherited oil to go to waist what can we do we are in oklahoma?

my wife and her sister have a oil lease and her sister is fighting us on signing the oil lease and letting it go to waste.

James Tack Jr
James Tack Jr answered on May 12, 2022

Unless the interest is held in a trust, corporation, LLC, or other entity requiring both of their signatures, your wife can sign the lease for her interest without her sister's signature. If her sister doesn't sign, the oil company can force pool the sister's interest in a force... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Native American Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Okla Bureau of Investigation lab: Are their results valid for controlled subs. in tribal court?

I’m a citizen of the Chickasaw nation. Charged with Misd. Possession of Controlled Substance. Evidence was sent to Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation’s lab to test the substance. My case is being heard in tribal court with my tribe, not the state of Oklahoma. Would OSBI’s results be valid in my... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Animal / Dog Law for Oklahoma on
Q: The state picked up charges i filed against someone. I am being called as a witness. Do i nees a lawyer?

This is a dangerous animal case. My neighbors dog charged under a fence and attacked my dog Can they legally bring the dangerous animal near me/my home? This happens so often that i missed the first court date because i was afraid leave my home to check the mail. What is considered witness... Read more »

Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan answered on May 11, 2022

In most instances victims of crime or witnesses who report crimes do not need an attorney. As a victim, assuming that’s the situation, you have an attorney already through the government, whether it’s a city prosecutor, an assistant district attorney, or a Assistant US attorney. But, It... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for Oklahoma on
Q: What paper do I need to file to get custody of my child if her father which is the custodial parent is in jail
Anna L Self
Anna L Self answered on May 11, 2022

You would need to file a Motion to Modify custody and set it for hearing before the Judge. You should also file for emergency custody if the custodial parent is currently in jail. This can be complicated so I suggest you seek the services of an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence for Oklahoma on
Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on May 12, 2022

You CAN represent yourself. That does not mean you should represent yourself. In criminal cases it is always advisable to get an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Estate Planning for Oklahoma on
Q: Can power of attorney be revoked if person was not of sound mind at the time?

My dad was diagnosed with dementia February 2020. I had been his POA since May 2019. my daughter, without me knowing, changed poa to her in February 2021 at the time he had senile dementia and Alzheimer's per his doctor. Would this be able to be revoked since the document he signed stated he... Read more »

Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on May 9, 2022

There are more than one kind of power of attorney. Some POAs terminate instantly when someone becomes incapacitated or no longer competent because a power of attorney is predicated on the person granting the authority to make the decision as if it were themselves (in other words in their capacity).... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Probate for Oklahoma on
Q: What is the Estate Created Date for purpose of obtaining an estate EIN?

Decedent died in 2004, and all assets were held in a trust with no need to open probate. Unclaimed assets were later discovered and probate opened and closed in 2019. Reopened in 2022 due to representative not distributing all funds. Need Estate Created Date to obtain EIN.

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Family Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If my mothers non biological father dies with a will, with her being a half sibling is she entitled to any inheritances?

My mothers non biological father dies with a will and my mother has two other half siblings…what rights does she have here?

Charles Watts
Charles Watts answered on May 6, 2022

Typically this will all be spelled out in his will. Also other factors would be considered such as was she officially adopted by him or not, is her mother still alive, etc… your best advice is to contact a probate attorney to assist you with determining the full extent of the rights with your... Read more »

View More Answers

0 Answers | Asked in Domestic Violence for Oklahoma on
Q: I have 2 bench warrents from oct 2018. I need a lawyer or go to walk in docket by myself?

In Wichita Kansas not oklahoma

0 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Health Care Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Would this scenario be unconstitutional?

If Roe v. Wade was overturned, would a state imposing penalties on an individual who had a legal abortion out of state violate the second clause of the second section of the Civil Rights Restoration Act?

"...Amends title IX... of the Education Amendments of 1972... to mean all of the... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Real Estate Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Oklahoma - Title Co. proved ex husb. not on deed. Ex husb. Is not on loan. 2yrs later lender now asking for Qck deed Y?

Lender keeps harassing asking for ex to sign quick claims deed. Underwriter wouldn't approve 3 month forbearance stating I would be in default I have a 825 Cr score So I paid the 8k (3m payments) not to be in default. Still getting mail from lender in his name. Title Co and County said... Read more »

0 Answers | Asked in Business Formation, Contracts and Business Law for Oklahoma on
Q: I own equity in a small company. What are my rights?

As stated, I own equity in a small company. My main question is what are my rights when it comes to knowing or getting ahold of the documentation of profits the company has made? How do I know I am getting paid the correct amount of equity? The total sales and money being made from the product has... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Whats the max sentencing on second degree burglary if a second page a.k.a. supplemental information of prior felonys
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan answered on May 5, 2022

We don’t have enough information to give you an accurate answer. Title 21 of the Oklahoma statutes, section 51.1 is where you want to check. Your answer depends on how recent your prior felony convictions are and how many you have, and the date your last felony (ies) were completed.

Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.